“It continues to be ... OK. With bad internet.”

Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Deer Park, Washington
“It continues to be ... OK. With bad internet.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hey, it's a Holiday Inn Express next to a motorway. This is the second time that I've stayed here (in the same room, oddly). It's perfectly fine.

The hotel still contracts out their internet service to Swisscom, which unfortunately is both expensive and woefully inadequate (VERY slow, like dial-up slow, spotty service) even when I paid for the more expensive "business class" option.

I ended up using the free internet (and having a nice meal and a pint) at the pub across the parking lot. The management of the HIE is aware of just how terrible their internet service is but I would guess their hands are contractually tied because all they could offer me was a well practiced (and frustrated) apology.

If you're traveling on business and need internet, there are other hotels closer to downtown Stafford that have free and good quality internet, or be prepared to eat the pub across from the HIE a lot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
186377AndrewS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and it’s great to see that you have been to us before. I have recently secured and had installed through Swisscom an upgrade to the line in the hotel. We are 9 miles away from the exchange which is why the speed was not great especially in today’s digital age. Fibre optic has come to the area recently and that is what we have installed to improve the speed of the internet at the property. We have a 20mb speed in the hotel on WIFI which I am sure you will agree will be a much better speed than all of our competitor hotels and the pub across the way. So for your next stay you will be able to enjoy our free internet in our bar.
I look forward to your return stay and also your thoughts on our faster internet speed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
glasgow scotland
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the 6th visit to HIE at Stafford as the location next to M6 is ideal for stop over going north or coming south. Rooms getting a bit tired but still clean and tidy. Breakfast is not the best in the world but it is sufficent for a quick getaway in the morning and its FREE. Staff are always helpful. We ate in the pub accross the way which provides good value pub grub. HIE now offers basic food, burgers, piazza etc which looked good value. Its the location that does it for us!

Room Tip: Room at back is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Stafford. I am glad that you have been to us 6 times before it’s great to see that you love coming to the hotel. The snack menu will evolve over time and will continue to be a great offering to our customers.
Again thank you for the review and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 7th stay.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A well-run, well-organised hotel in the Holiday Inn chain excellently situated adjacent to the M6, Junction 13. Very friendly and helpful staff.
The rooms are good, with flat-screen TV, and courtesy Wifi vouchers. The breakfasts, hot and cold buffet-style are seriously good.
It is a 50 yard walk to the nearby Mandarin Oriental Restaurant which does a variety of great Asian cuisine. An alternative would be the 'Catch Corner' Pub, in the Fayre & Square chain which has serves typical 'pub grub'...and is family-friendly.

Room Tip: Although adjacent to the very busy M6, the rooms are soundproofed and we had no problems with traffi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steve4you
Thank you for your great review I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in giving great customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed breakfast and visited the Chinese restaurant opposite the hotel. Just a point for your next stay why not try our new hot snack menu which is available 24 hours a day?
Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a night en route to Edinburgh and were looking for nothing more than a clean and quiet room.

The welcome was one of the friendliest we've had in a long time and the room was a decent size with a sofa bed in addition to the double. Double glazing cut the road noise from the M6 to a dull murmur.

The free breakfast was a good variety of hot and cold items - far better than we'd expected. With a Chinese restaurant opposite and the Fayre Square pub selling good value meals this was an excellent stop.

The only complaint is the £7 charge for wifi - have a drink in the pub opposite and use their free wifi!

Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. I am very happy that you found the welcome to the hotel a great one. We pride ourselves on great customer service at the hotel. The complimentary hot breakfast is very good. We feel that this really does the job compared to some competitor properties where you have to buy your breakfast on top of your room rate.
We do charge for internet in the rooms but in the public area this is free of charge and we have just recently upgraded the service using a fibre optic connection so it will be a truly better experience
Again thanks for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Muskoka District, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the last few years.
The front desk staff continue to be very helpful and friendly.The breakfast area was always well served and tidy but the food a little disappointing.
The cleanliness of the room has deteriorated significantly.
The room floor was not vacuumed during the six days I was there and the same hairs were still on the bathroom floor as when I arrived. Mold in the shower enclosure. Hand sink soap dispenser did not work and was not repaired even after mentioning it to cleaning staff.
I spilled coffee on the bed and when I removed the sheets to try and mop the coffee up, I was disgusted with the number of other large stains on the mattress. I asked for and received a new mattress.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Lamae9,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased that our staff are helpful and friendly. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being at par or exceed your expectations. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brabourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

So... we stayed at The Holiday Inn Express Acton Court on our way to Scotland on Christmas night. Very quiet when we arrived and we were starving. The lovely lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was fine - standard for Holiday Inn (actually identical to the room we stayed in at Portsmouth a month ago). We ordered food from the snack bar from 9pm to 1am on and off and it was actually of very good quality for the price etc.. and considering we were grazing and probably a pain in the bum to her, the receptionist was friendly and chatty each time we came down! The only issue I had was that we could not get subtitles on the telly - my partner is deaf and although hearing aids help, he can only really watch telly with subtitles - so that was a shame. All in all though I felt we had a very good service for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NikkiJackson_12
186377AndrewS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your review.
I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay with us.
I’m happy to see you enjoyed food from our snack menu and found our staff to be happy to help.
We do havea few rooms which have full sky tv, these rooms have subtitles, please enquire at reception when making your reservation and we can try and accomodate your needs.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on Business - Arrived Sunday mid-evening and would have liked something light to eat - but most everything on the 'snacks' menu was 'off' leaving not much better than a baked potato (choice of beans or cheese topping only) available - Not very nice nor really worth it with a price tag of over £6 !! The room was fairly spacious and it was clean although I was surprised to find there was graffiti on the wall in the bathroom ! There was no complimentary soap/shampoo and no iron in the room. The TV was a somehow very low-resolution and the remote didn't work.
Still on the food theme - Breakfast was particularly disappointing - On offer was tinned grapefruit or tinned mandarin segments, coffee from a vending machine, packet cereals, DIY toast, and some stale looking croissants/cakes. The cooked option was unappetising, anemic looking sausages, scambled egg and beans only - all served in warming dishes reminiscent of a school kitchen (no bacon or other choice)
The staff were pleasant enough and no complaints about their service (car parking was recorded at check-in) but the place seems to be operating very much 'down to a price' rather than 'up to a standard' - Unless/Until Holiday Inn improves quality I will be choosing Premier Inn for budget/business accommodation near Stafford in future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear epicrh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms clean and our staff nice. The team takes great pride in their work and they will be happy that it has been mentioned. Please accept my apology if your stay was negatively affected by the food options in our restaurant. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Best Western Stafford M6/J14 Tillington Hall Hotel
#3 of 5 in Stone
Vine Hotel
Vine Hotel
#10 of 11 in Stafford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13? Share your experiences!