$80
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$49
  • Free Internet
$85
$63
PremierInn.com
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
$138
$132
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$65
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stafford Central Hotel(Stafford)(Great Value!)
$41
Travelodge
$106
$96
galahotels.com
The Swan Hotel(Stafford)
$133
TripAdvisor
All reviewschinese restaurantcar parksausageice machinebeansalton towersbreakfast was includedbudget hotelplates and cutleryfree wifisofa bedgood sizeplenty of parkingtake awayexcellent value for moneyfriendly hotelconvenient location
Reviewed July 13, 2012

After staying in several HI Express hotels, this one proved to be a little disappointing.
Checking in was no problem, with the front of house staff all well and good.
We were given a room, and after driving 350 miles wanted to relax and watch a little TV. The TV reception was terrible (Euro 2012 final).
The toilet was in a rather poor state. I will say that the front desk staff mentioned that the cleaning contractors were about to be replaced, so this might have had a bearing on this. However, the toilet was dirty (I shall not elaborate), the extraction vent filters were very thick with dust, and the cups/glasses were dirty.
Linen and beddng were both fine.
We were woken very early with the noise of lots of people trimming the bushes and cutting the grass. This could be done at a more humane time when travelling people have had their sleep.
The breakfast was nothing short of a catastrophe in my own opinion. I do understand that catering for several people in a little time can be difficult, but this is not a michelin starred restaurant. The top tray with the sausage was only accessible by someone who was around the 6 foot height, my partner could not see inside this. The food itself was badly organised, with them running out of bacon, and not having enough scrambled eggs to keep up with the demand. Planty of people had dropped food and were just walking over it, including the staff. There were also very small things like white bread in the brown bread bin, and brown bread in the white bread bin. Attention to detail goes a long way in my eyes.
In all, a little disappointing for the HIE brand in my eyes, as I have always found them to be good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear tankerman1,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad your check in experience was smooth and you found our staff good. It is my regret that you were not satisfied with your room as well as the quality of breakfast served during your stay. I am sorry to hear about the noise. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you encountered. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights in July 2012. Accommodation is basic but clean and staff are generally friendly and helpful. There are no baths in any of the rooms in the hotel, only showers, which apparently is mentioned on their website but I didn't notice it. This was not ideal for my six month old and two year old and when I asked if it would be possible for staff to locate a baby bath for me I was given a firm NO. The 'free' breakfast is basic but good enough for adults although again, not great for small children. There is a Wacky Warehouse at the on site pub though which was useful although I'd personally recommend that if you're looking for pub grub, you drive the 5 minutes to the Moat House in Acton Trussell (signposted from the mini roundabout by the hotel) which is much, much better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn in June 2012 to attend a family wedding nearby. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We didn't expect much as we had only paid £49 and a complimentary breakfast was included. We were pleasantly surprised. The only issue we had was not really related to the hotel, but the area itself...it was difficult to get a taxi early Saturday evening. Other people had experienced the same problem on Friday too. There is a chinese restaurant and a Harvester pub a stones throw away from the hotel. The hotel is conveniently situated 200yards from J13 M6.

Room Tip: Front of building overlooks the car park and to the rear, trees obscure the motorway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wobblesLancashire
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed in April overnight and the location is ideal being just off the motorway.

Rooms were fine with no issues at all, but the staff here were great, very helpful, friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was in order for us.
Nice breakfast was a good start to the day.

I'd go back here without a second thought if I was in the area !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good value when pre-paid on line. This was ideal for a 1 night stop-over to break a long journey. Clean, comfortable, basic but friendly. Staff were helpful and responsive. If you want clean, no frills, this is fine.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
186377AndrewS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Wilmahafit
Thank you for your review I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Did you book direct or through an agent for your room? Booking direct will always result in you getting the cheapest rate available.