“Great Hotel right in the middle of the town.”
Review of The Swan Hotel

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here while visiting relatives at Christmas and had an excellent time!We arrived in the afternoon and nothing was too much trouble. The room overlooked the main street and it was lovely to sit with a bottle of wine watching the world go by! We have stayed here a couple of times and have had no problems! I could imagine it would be quite busy if you arrived late evening as it is a very popular place in Stafford town.

Room Tip: Ask for one that looks over Stafford High Street!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Dayed one night in The Swan due to business in Stafford. I had a single room which was compact and bijou but spotless and very comfortable. I had my evening meal in the hotel restaurant where the staff were very welcoming and attentive. The menu choice was super and my chosen meal was faultless. I also tried out a local beer recommended by the waiter and was very impressed. Breakfast lived up to the standard the rest of my stay and I would be very happy to stay again at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Arriving at 10pm on a Saturday is not recommended. Quite intimidating walking through all the revellers in the bar. Room itself was fine, nothing special, nothing wrong. Woke to the smell of drains which permeated the entire hotel. Breakfast was an absolute shambles. The staff were pleasant enough but really incompetent. Had to ask 3 times for a pot of tea. My wife had nearly finished her breakfast by the time mine arrived. They got both of our breakfast orders wrong. Really poor standard of service. Shame too because the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank micconuk
ChrisLMilwich, Owner at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to The Swan Hotel. We are a busy town centre hotel and bar - Saturday night is one of our busiest nights of the week and unfortunately at 10.00 pm there will be a lot of customers milling around. I am sorry if you felt intimidated by this. I need to investigate the smell of drains and the awful service you received at Breakfast - I apolgoise for this - this is not our usual service and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention.
Chris Lewis

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have dined here a few times and each time, The Swan has never disappointed! We have dined as a couple and with my daughter, the menu has plenty of choice and there is a child's menu available. The service in the brasserie is great, all the staff are attentive and always cheerful. The food is gorgeous.

The last time I ate here was with my daughter, we both had sandwiches in the bar area, yummy selection and fab service again.

The cocktails are divine! Absolutely delicious and I am slowly working my way through the menu at the moment! Current faves are the Raspberry Flirtini's and Mountain Cat! A must when in Stafford!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the Swan for the first time for two nights... room was comfortable but floor boards creaked a lot!! Food was really great as had dinner on arrival with friends. Seems like the "place to be" as was very busy. Saturday night was even busier with a party going on till early hours of the morning. Staff very friendly and helpful, excellent customer service. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stop over as attending a Rally Day nearby. Reviews were good and exactly as previously mentioned.
Lovely rooms, great white cotton satin striped sheets, beautiful fluffy towels and lovely big flat screen TV .... and comfortable beds !

The friendly staff are great but the Gem is the restaurant.

I have been to some amazing restaurants in London, and this little (not so little) place is amazing. The Chef is creative, local good produce and fabulous extensive menu. Got chatting to the Chef who has been here 7 years and his 2nd Chef has been with him 5 years. The food was absolutely delightful. So good, we had 5 starters between 3 of us as we couldn't make our mind up. Starters included a seafood platter which was wonderful, Salmon, roll mop herrings, potted shrimp and tender calamari. Simply wonderful. Snack plate of olives, cheese and sundried tomatoes. Followed by starters of pigeon with beetroot and dressing, beautifully cooked, scallops - fresh and perfectly cooked, and soft shelled crab, simply delightful.

The mains were equally tantalising. My colleagues went for rare lamb with a lovely rosemary wine juice with Layered potatoes, grilled sole and the best was a trio of beef. Beef tenderloin, wonderful tasty mini shepherds pie and oxtail ravioli (home made). Wonderful sides, home made chips, onion rings, green peas etc.

All polished off with a couple of bottles of well priced Malbec at around £14 a bottle.

Truly stunning and worthy / no better than most London Restaurants. The menu choice is changed regularly and the staff / waiters were brilliant. Great service with a smile and very efficient. 2 of which had been employed over 5 years - so great advert.

All in all, 9.5 out of 10.00 !!!

You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ChrisLMilwich, Owner at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much. This is what we aim to achieve on a daily basis and you have hit the nail on the head as to what The Lewis Partnership is about. If you are ever in the area again we have 3 other properties, The Moat House at Acton Trussell, The Bear Grill in Stafford and The Dog and Doublet at Sandon if you'd like to try these venues. I have passed your comments on to the team and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.
Chris Lewis

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Cock out cycling klub from Sheffield had a Saturday night stay after ride from Sheffield.
Girls at reception very welcoming and found us secure place to park bikes
Rooms perfect and breakfast very good
Prior to long ride back to Sheffield
Would highly recommend