“So Very Yummy”

Lal Bagh
Ranked #4 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a well established restaurant, where we strive to serve our customers, the best, the finest, the freshest. We take our customers review/feedback seriously. We always improve, where-ever needed. We always welcome our customers review/feedback. If you have any complaints or such, please contact us first to solve the matter, before you write a review on here, as bad review/s does effect our business. We do take any complaints or such seriously and we will deal with it accordingly with rightly manner. We would like to thank you for your customs and support.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Persuading The Chap to go out for dinner is akin to watching an episode of Game of Thrones and no-one meets his maker in a horrific manner. Nearly impossible!

As the chief Chef at our castle it is up to me to put a hot dinner on the table every night.
Yesterday, I went on strike and managed to circumvent a manly pout by offering to pay for dinner at a venue of his choosing. The Lal Bagh was chosen at we have never had a bad meal there.
The decor is modern light and importantly clean. You always get a friendly welcome, and I kind of like the fact they unfold your napkin for you and drape it on your lap. Makes me feel posh and important, and not the sort of person who spends her life obsessively collecting Tesco clubcard points.

Anyhoo, after The Chap spent best part of 2 months perusing the menu as it is that extensive he chose a King Prawn something or other (quite frankly I only remembered what i ordered) after having useful advice from the serving staff. I ordered a king prawn shaslick with salad and pershwari nan.

We started with the usual 2 poppodums each and all the sauces. They were freshly cooked, brittle and full of Indian goodness. And the minty yoghurt sauce was excellent. Thick and really tasty. Man i could drink that stuff!

But my main meal was so delicious that when I finished I wanted re-wind time and eat it all again. The prawns were the size of a small child and so many of them all mixed with peppers and onions. The spices added taste and it was cooked to perfect, a slight crunch from the grill but juicy and succulent inside. My side of peshwari nan was fresh from the oven, sweet and a perfect accompaniment to the prawns. I ate it all in seafood induced haze, barely taking in my handsome companion as it was that good.

The best thing? My main course had a helpful "H" for healthy next to it on the menu. So i am guessing tomorrow I will be Victoria Beckham thin.

The Chap finished all of his main and the special rice that he also ordered. So it must have been good, as no complaints of indigestion after and he was fast asleep 20 minutes after getting home.

Conclusion? I would not go through the door of another Indian establishment in Lichfield. This is simply the best. The food was so good that I have spent the morning telling my office colleagues about the meal. The staff are so friendly and helpful and even gave The Chap a free brandy at the end of the meal.

4 poppdums plus sauces etc.
1 main tiger prawn dish
1 king prawn shaslick
1 peswari nan
1 special rice
2 pints of kingfisher (for his lordship)
1 regular diet coke.
Price £40.00

4  Thank Abigail S

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic, best curry I have had in a long time! The service was also great, friendly and helpful and nothing is ever too much for them

1  Thank Malkinr
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have never been disappointed when coming to this restaurant! The food is always very fresh and piping hot. At some restaurants you can feel that your food is left standing a while whilst the waiter becomes free to deliver it! At Lal Bagh it's like they use a sling shot to propel your curry from the cooker directly to your table!
There is such a wide variety of choice and they can tweak each dish as you request.
My only drawback would be that it is stuffy in the restaurant, however the food is that good that it's never put me off going back!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I visited the this restaurant last week, but wouldn't comment on this restaurant until I have visited it twice unless it was a one off,but wow 2 meals were spot on, even my son,who is picky really enjoyed the food and can't wait to go back, waiters are very attentive, they can't do enough for you, it's a lovely restaurant, great food, attentive waiter service, will be back next week- best indian restaurant in Lichfield by far, keep it up guys, great place, love it.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Good meal tonight. Curry excellent as usual. Good and attentive service. Poppadoms fresh and dips nice. Madras chicken is recommended