“Probably the best Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lal Bagh

Lal Bagh
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a well established restaurant, where we strive to serve our customers, the best, the finest, the freshest. We take our customers review/feedback seriously. We always improve, where-ever needed. We always welcome our customers review/feedback. If you have any complaints or such, please contact us first to solve the matter, before you write a review on here, as bad review/s does effect our business. We do take any complaints or such seriously and we will deal with it accordingly with rightly manner. We would like to thank you for your customs and support.
Staffordshire, UK
“Probably the best Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant for miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Lal Bagh is a class above other Indian restaurants. The ambience, décor and presentation of the food is top-notch. The food is aromatic and well-spiced, possibly slightly hotter than an average Indian, but delicious. The attention from all the waiters, including the owner, is superb and we have never had a bad meal there. Although the feel of the restaurant is classy, the prices are around what you might pay in other local Indians. You also get a free mango lassi, which is a lovely touch.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bunty36

Lichfield, England, United Kingdom
“Forget the rest, Lal Bagh is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've been coming here and ordering take-aways for as long as I have lived in Lichfield. I have tried almost every other restaurant in the area and yet I always end up back at Lal Bagh. As so many other reviewers have posted, there's always a warm welcome from the attentive staff, the food is fresh, very well presented and delicious (gosh, it's making me hungry just writing this). Sunday Balti Night & Wednesday Banquets are especially good value for money. I can't recommend this place highly enough - go on, give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Also worthy of note, they are licensed - so no messing about taking your own booze and they've got a five star (max) Food Hygiene Rating.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michael P
Staffordshire
“First timer - will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I had to choose a restaurant for a meal with some friends so was a bit nervous about the night as I had never been before. The waiters were patient with us taking so long to order, the food was really lovely - one of the best roti I have had - and the service all round was very friendly and welcoming. We had the Wednesday banquet which was incredible value, however I plan to return with my husband to sample the rest of the menu.

1 Thank FloC582
Lichfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hurry for a curry at Lal Bagh! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have used the lal bagh for the last 10 years...ever since we have lived in the area! We have tried other Indian restaurants from time to time purely for variation but no other Indian restaurant locally comes close.

The staff are friendly and welcoming, the food is always hot and fresh (eat in or takeaway) and the ambience is great for couples families and even larger parties.

Well worth a try!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Without doubt the best in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I use this restaurant on a very regular basis and have done so for many a year, i find it without doubt the best in the area !
Very clean with friendly staff and the most excellent food, a very good takeaway service is provided too, What more can you ask for ?

• Visited April 2014