“A regular for 10 years... Never disappoints”
Review of Eastern Eye

Eastern Eye
Ranked #1 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The quintessential of Indian food. With over 40 years experience, it's no surprise the Eastern Eye is thriving. With the most creative minds in Indian cuisine working at this brasserie, providing innovative and authentic Indian food. The curry king offers his unique understanding of his masterful dishes. With the utmost desire to leave all his guest with a smile and an eagerness to return. Aiming to provide the benchmark service at all times.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is a gem. Delicious food always. Friendly, efficient service. So many visits over many years and has never disappointed.

Eastern E, Owner at Eastern Eye, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Hi

I like to thank you for taken for good comments for eastern eye.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Eastern Eye

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I visited Eastern Eye on a Tuesday night and was greeted by Abdul the owner at the door, we we're able to choose our seats which was another plus. Straight away we we're greeted with poppadoms and a large variety of dips, the table was clean and orderly too. We ordered a chicken tikka pathos and a chicken Agra garlic with rice and a keema naan, both came quickly and we're absolutely beautiful! portion was a perfect size! the menu is extensive serving venison and goat curry which I haven't seen anywhere else! The best thing is I found out they do takeaways too- definitely our new takeaway! I noticed throughout the meal Abdul greeting everyone at the door and there was about 10 tables full which is quite a lot for a tuesday night really, there's a nice warm feel of Eastern Eye and would definitely recommend to friends.

Hi.

I like to thank you for taken time for review for eastern eye,

Best regards

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Started working a bit up in Birmingham and went for a walk around Lichfield one night. Walked in for a look at this restaurant and I now can't stop going back! Not only is the food out of this world but the service is impeccable. From the way I was greeted when I entered the restaurant, to the way I was helped choose my meal even to the extent when the waiter popped and found me a newspaper as I was eating alone! What makes it extra special is that the owner is often found walking around the restaurant helping his customers with their food and making them feel extra welcome. On top of all this it is very fairly priced. Cannot recommend it enough.

Hi

I like to thank you. For taken your time to review to eastern eye. Me and my staff are trying to make eastern eye the best in Lichfield. For that we need your support. Please visit again eastern eye.

I like to thank you.

Best. Regards

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Abdul's Eastern Eye recently provided me with one of the finest curries I have ever eaten. We ate in the restaurant, and were welcomed warmly immediately on arrival. Between us we tried several different curries, including a medium hot fish curry and the Goat Special in both medium and hot. We also had the poppadums and chutney mix. The chutneys were brilliant and I would recommend that anyone visiting gets them as an appetiser as the raita and chillies are to die for. The main event did not disappoint. Each of the curries we had could be ordered to your spice preference, which I think is an excellent feature. I experimented in going for the Goat Special. Personally if you eat one dish here then go for this as the flavours are warm and very well balanced. In conversation with Abdul, the owner, I discovered that the goat is all sourced locally, within a few miles of the restaurant. Such attention to detail and care in the ingredients pays dividends in the quality of the food. The fish curry, which elsewhere I can find lacking in texture, was fantastic, again spiced to perfection. Finally, the service was second to none, and Abdul provided great advice on the menu and some fascinating conversation.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, and whether you are in the area or not, I would suggest making the trip especially. Thank you, Abdul, for such a wonderful evening.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but my family accidentally came across this restuarant by chance, as it was my niece's birthday treat (kids aged 3 and 6) the curry was perfect for them. They got little sweets at the end of the evening. Fast, impeccable service from the waiter Sana!, always smiling and has got a good sense of humour. The owner made us feel VERY welcome and adapted the curries we wanted to our usually taste and even made me a special curry. Definitely will come back again. We tried Nepalese and Indian beer to wash it down......we were in food heaven, and yes it should be number 1!

Eastern E, Owner at Eastern Eye, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Hi. I like to thank you. for your kind review for my restaurant. As you make good comment for eastern eye. Me and my staff are working everyone. To make sure all customer happy end on my restaurant. 43 years of my hard work. I cook the best. And real. Lamb/goat/chicken. Venison. Also fresh water king prawn. All this meat fish are quality. Once again thankful to you.

Best regards