“Lovely food and atmosphere”
Review of Eastern Eye

Eastern Eye
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The quintessential of Indian food. With over 40 years experience, it's no surprise the Eastern Eye is thriving. With the most creative minds in Indian cuisine working at this brasserie, providing innovative and authentic Indian food. The curry king offers his unique understanding of his masterful dishes. With the utmost desire to leave all his guest with a smile and an eagerness to return. Aiming to provide the benchmark service at all times.
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant for the last 24 years and it has always remained consistently excellent food and service.

The family atmosphere has encouraged me to bring along my children from a young age and still visit with me for meals even though they are now adults.

• Visited January 2014
originalcurryking, Guest Relations Manager at Eastern Eye, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi,

i like to thank you, for your kind review for eastern eye, as you comment your review that you are coming for 24 year, i am please to know this, once again thank you,

Abdul Salam

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The best there is!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

As an connoisseur of Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi foods, I can honestly say this is the number one place to eat! Not just in Lichfield, but the best I've had in UK. Full of flavour, traditional and generously sized. The prices a very competitive too. Additionally, the staff are very welcoming, friendly and accommodating to your every needs.

• Visited December 2013
originalcurryking, Guest Relations Manager at Eastern Eye, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hi

i like to thank you, i am please you making review for eastern eye, as you making excellent comment, is given my self and my staff to work more,

Abdul
“Glad I went back. Won't leave it as long next time!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I were all set to try a different restaurant, but thought we'd check some reviews on here first and were a little discouraged by the mixed reviews of the restaurant (which shall remain nameless). So then we thought "where else?" and then remembered we'd had a great meal at Eastern Eye some months before and said we'd definitely go back, only this was over 6 months ago. So glad we did as the food was as excellent as before. This time around I tried the Goat Kebab, which was minced goat meat delicately spiced and formed into round patties and grilled and served with the usual salad garnish and mint yoghurt. My wife had the fish tikka which she told me was delicious. Onto mains, As there's plenty of choice I could not decide, but went for the best of both opting for a combination dish of Amchor Lamb and Chicken Choyla Special. Both came in round bowls, plenty of sauce, plenty of chunks of lamb and chicken and most importantly both had their own distinctive flavour, and not just lamb or chicken in the same base sauce as some other restaurants might serve. To go with this I had an excellent keema naan which came with plenty of filling and the bread was soft and fluffy and also nice and hot (not as in spicy). My wife had a vegetable sagwala which was served in a large eye shaped bowl (nice touch) again with plenty of sauce for your naan to mop up, she said was very tasty with a nice medium spiced kick to it. She had this with a cheese and garlic naan which she also praised. Neither of us could fit in a dessert after this but were extremely happy with our 11th hour decision to go there. We'll be definitely be back soon (and not after 6 months this time around!!)

• Visited December 2013
originalcurryking, Guest Relations Manager at Eastern Eye, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi

i like to thank you, we work with our customer, our main interest to make shore all our customer happy each time visit to eastern eye, once again thank you

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent & sharp service with a smile :-)”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had an imprompt meal at the eastern eye last night & must say not only was it the tastiest curry I have had in ages but the king prawn starter was to die for. The service was slick & all staff were friendly & curtious. Definately the best curry house in Lichfield :-)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Eastyern Eye delivers again....................................”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

OK, so with family returning home for Christmas we booked a table for 4 on Monday 23rd December having had good times at Abdul's restaurant before. We were booked in for 7.30 & took our table, the service is always (in our experience) attentive & ordered drinks whilst browsing the menu. Shortly after a table of about 30 arrived, who were booked in for the Christmas banquet. We ordered our food, including the highly recommended goat curry & waited in anticipation for it to arrive. Obviously with a large group to look after & 30+ starters & mains to co-ordinate we probably waited a little longer than normal for our food, it wasn't quite as hot as it could have been & 1 drink we ordered did not arrive, but this is little criticism on what once again was lovely food. All of us would rate Eastern Eye as the best example of Asian inspired cuisine that we have had. The goat curry is wonderful & you can always find different takes on dishes within the menu. This restaurant would be highly recommended by us.