We have just come back from a lovely stay at The Hedgehog. The weather was great so that always makes any stay slightly better. The location is great, good safe parking, great staff and a good size room. The room was clean and had very good tea and coffee making facilities. On arrival we asked for 2 extra pillows and also for an extra bedside lamp as one was missing. Both where delivered to our room within 10 minutes and without any problems.
The food in the pub was not consistent, we had a fantastic meal the first night but was not as good the next, it’s a very popular place so please be prepared to wait for food. Saying this the staff are very nice and nothing is too much trouble.
We had no problem with noise, which we thought we might seeing as we where staying at such a large popular pub. Breakfast was great, help yourself to as much cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit, fruit juice, toast and pastries as you can eat and they even give you a newspaper.
We would recommend this as a good place to stay and would not hesitate to use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a beautifully restored 18th century property, this lodge provides some of the most welcoming accommodation in Lichfield. Thanks to its proximity to the M6 Toll, the M42 and the commercial hub of Birmingham, it's a convenient base for business trips.Set in its own grounds, the lodge is dripping with original features and has nine comfy rooms and a large garden. You'll also find a cosy pub offering hearty, seasonally inspired food, a great range of cask ales and a generous serving of rustic charm.Lichfield is a pretty, quintessentially English city that's probably most famous for its fantastic medieval cathedral. Begun in 1195, Lichfield Cathedral has three distinctive spires and two lovely waterside walks. There are plenty of other local attractions, though. For starters, you could learn about the father of the modern dictionary at the Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum or take a stroll through the leafy National Memorial Aboretum or Birches Valley Forest Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Lichfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hedgehog Vintage Hotel Lichfield
- Innkeeper's Lodge Lichfield Staffordshire