This place is primarily a restaurant in a pub; the overnight accommodation is clearly just an add on to get more revenue. Consequently, while the restaurant was good (nice food, reasonably priced, friendly staff), the accommodation was dodgy. We stayed for 2 nights. During that time, the radiator in the spartan en suite did not work. We reported this to the staff and asked for it to be fixed, but nothing was done. The bedroom was also cold (although the radiator there was warm), so we asked if a blanket could be provided. In response, we were told that this was not possible.
So, if you decide to stay here, I recommend that you avoid Room 1 if the weather is cold. Better still, I would say ‘Eat here but stay elsewhere.’
Incidentally, we were given the chance to fill in a questionnaire about our visit. Virtually the whole of the questions referred to the restaurant, with only a brief question about the accommodation. This confirmed my view that the management have no interest in the standard of accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a beautifully restored 18th century property, this lodge provides some of the most welcoming accommodation in Lichfield. Thanks to its proximity to the M6 Toll, the M42 and the commercial hub of Birmingham, it's a convenient base for business trips.Set in its own grounds, the lodge is dripping with original features and has nine comfy rooms and a large garden. You'll also find a cosy pub offering hearty, seasonally inspired food, a great range of cask ales and a generous serving of rustic charm.Lichfield is a pretty, quintessentially English city that's probably most famous for its fantastic medieval cathedral. Begun in 1195, Lichfield Cathedral has three distinctive spires and two lovely waterside walks. There are plenty of other local attractions, though. For starters, you could learn about the father of the modern dictionary at the Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum or take a stroll through the leafy National Memorial Aboretum or Birches Valley Forest Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Lichfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hedgehog Vintage Hotel Lichfield
- Innkeeper's Lodge Lichfield Staffordshire