“21ST BIRTHDAY MEAL”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lichfield
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“21ST BIRTHDAY MEAL”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

6 Arrived 15 mins early to ensure relaxed atmosphere. Seated and ordered without a problem. 1 3/4 hours later we finally got the food ordered. Other customers came and went during the time we waited. The waitress informed us it was because there was so many of us!! Every time she said our meals were about ready, another table got their food!!! When the food finally arrived it was very disappointing, one guest had a cold plate, cold veg and a crust on her pie that would break teeth and the rest of the food was mediocre to say the least. It was our sons 21st family birthday meal and quite frankly I could have cried it was so awful. We will never go there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hilary J M M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed for a single night on a trip to the Lake District from Enfield and arrived at about 19.30 and was greeted by a very pleasant chap and shown to our room St Chad named after a local saint! The room was fine and good value for the £59 we pay for b and b. we had a beer in the restaurant which was ok and agin good value for money. We had breakfast in the morning and was greeted by an extremely likeable and friendly lady and shown to our table. We had paid for a full English but decided only the ceral and toast which was fine. For a short overnight stay it's good value and well located will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Basically if ur not eating you are pushed into a dirty corner, thought it was meant to be a pub! Food is overpriced for a pub anyway and as i say they are only interested if you are buying food and the seating you get if not eating isnt very nice! Used to love vintage inns, but they are more like overpriced restaurants now than a pub, which is what it is.

• Stayed December 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We've been here on many occasions and the quality of food has always been very good and very well priced too.

The variable has always been the inconsistent staff quality and service but on this occasion they've really got it right. A very friendly welcome, cheerful service and general efficiency made for a very enjoyable experience, which has really restored my faith in this very attractive pub. It's easy to get to, easy to park and the interior is very warm and inviting

Keep it up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Visited here on a Monday night for a meal with a friend. we had a 3 course meal with a large glass of wine each and the bill came to £30PP. Initial impressions of the place were very good, the atmosphere was friendly, relaxed and warm. Greeted by friendly staff and shown to our table (pre booked). I would recommend booking as it busied up fairly quickly. There is a good choice on the menu, all of the courses were well cooked and the portion sizes were just right.,this combined with lovely staff made for a very enjoyable visit and we will be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jo G
Lichfield
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently chose the Hedgehog to host my friends surprise baby shower, my original reason for choosing the Hedgehog was due to my pregnant friend being very close to her due date so we wanted somewhere really local that she would feel comfortable going to. When I rang up to book the table I explained it was for a baby shower and asked if there was any chance we could either have a very small section of the or if they could put us towards the back of the restaurant, I also asked if I could put up a few little decorations (I thought I was pushing my luck a little and being a little too demanding) but the guy I spoke to was extremely friendly and said it would be absolutely fine to do as we please, which in Hindsight I’m glad he did say that as I arrived holding a 3ft inflated giraffe!!!

When I arrived I was surprised to see they had reserved a really nice section of the pub for us, with a table for us to sit down at and other tables to place the cake on and presents etc, they were very welcoming and helpful throughout out time there, the waiter who served us was great, and we even had the landlord come over and personally introduce himself and thank us for choosing his pub for our special occasion.

I could not fault them and it is so refreshing to get such fantastic customer service, we all thoroughly enjoyed our food and the evening and I am so happy we choose the conveniently located pub for our friends surprise baby shower. The hedgehog is definitely one of new my favourite pubs in Lichfield.

Thank you everyone who made our evening Fantastic!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've stayed at the Hedgehog several times and it's consistently good. The rooms are nice and spacious and extremely good value at £55 for B&B. the restaurant is good but if you stay in summer it gets overwhelmed with all the outside tables and there can be a long wait for food.

There are nice grounds and the car park is good, accessed from a long driveway from the road. I've only ever stayed on business but it would also be a good base to explore Lichfield and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left of the corridor which have even numbers are nice.