“Well worth waiting for”

Malt Bar
Ranked #49 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steps from the Lichfield Garrick Theatre in the city centre, proudly specialising in local cask ales and rotating continental beers, fresh homemade food in a family friendly atmosphere. Perfectly situated for pre-show meals, after-work drinks or a relaxing Sunday Lunch, we also show live major sporting events on Sky Sports and BT Sport in full HD. Featured in the Good Pub Guide, The Malt Bar building was originally home to Lichfield's Old Court House. Steeped in history, Paul and the team have thoughtfully created a community focused bar and restaurant for the people of Lichfield and the surrounding areas. From homemade meals served daily and local cask ales on regular rotation, The Malt Bar offer's something to suit all tastes and ages.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Four of us went for a meal before going to the Garrick thaetre. The waitress was very pleasant and helpfull. Food was a little slow to arrive but it was well worth waiting for. The food was well presented, really tasty, good quality and very good value for money. Would definately go again.

Jet2004, General Manager at Malt Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Thanks for your kind review,we look forward
to welcoming you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Malt Bar

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had Sunday lunch here with my partner and a friend after attending the Garrick Theatre. The service was a little slow due to two members of staff not turning in for work. The waitress could not be more apologetic. We were granted free desserts. The food what can I say? I had the roasted cod special with mediterranean vegetables. This was absolutely delicious. The plate was groaning with food. Cooked to perfection and brimming with flavour. My partner had the omelette and friend the pork roast. Both were also absolutely delighted with their meals. I had a beautiful Baileys cheesecake for afters. The food at the malt is home cooked and to die for. Full marks to the waitress for sorting out the lateness of our food. I shall be making a return to the Malt. If you are attending the Garrick this is the place to go.

1  Thank angelacollings

Many thanks for your review, were always pleased
when we enhance a customers visit too the Theatre.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have visited Malt Bar a few times before, but only ever for lunch, however, on this occasion, I had the Cajun Chicken, which came with chips, which are the best I have ever tasted, and a lovely, full salad. The Cajun Chicken was to die for, with the perfect amount of seasoning, not too hot, or too mild! The price is very competitive, and very good value for money! Fabulous service, and the staff are all friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be coming here more often!

3  Thank raenewt95

Thanks for your kind review, we look
forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Malt one sunny lunchtime with our little girl!
Lots of seating outside and when they brought out a high chair I was delighted to see it was a proper Chicco brand highchair not a small wooden one, it had a tray and was above table height which is perfect! very impressed as this is the only place I've been that's had proper at home high chairs! We ordered 2 fish and chips- which we're outstanding cooked fresh and possibly the best we've had! and only £5! It is safe to say that Malt is definitely somewhere we love and will be going back!

Many thanks for your review - hope
to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The food was delicious. We ordered the black pudding and baked camembe.. we also had the fish and chips and the rump steak for main... the starters were very generous, the fish was amazing and a incredibly good size.. the steak cooked to perfection.... the service was excellent... would absolutely go back. Perfectly located away from the main busyness of a friday night in town and right opposite the Lichfield garret theatre.

Thanks for your kind comments, we look forward
to welcoming you again soon.