“Good food and doggie friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #13 of 152 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ownership change on 1st April 2015. The Plough canal side pub and restaurant. Serving coffee from 10am, lunch, afternoon tea, and supper 7 days a week. 2 for 1 Pizza everyday 12pm - 6pm Monday to Friday and all day Tuesday. For Sunday lunch we offer our full menu plus 3 roasts. Beef £12.95, Half roast chicken £11.95 And loin of pork £10.95 Served from midday every Sunday until 9. All roasts are served with Roast Potatoes, fresh market vegetables and homemade Yorkshire puddings. #Childrens portions are half the size of a normal roast from £5.95 Or they can choose dishes from the children menu at £5.95 - At The Plough. Sandwiches available Monday to Saturday 12pm - 5pm as well as a 2 course lunch menu for £10.95.
Alton, United Kingdom
“Good food and doggie friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here whilst on a narrow boat trip.
Although they don't offer a specific children's menu, my children enjoyed the adult menu and all food came out together. Food was very good and ample size portions. The Peroni was excellent. Service was good considering it was very busy and one of the hottest days of the year only complaint was that the patio area where we ate was scruffy and littered with cigarette ends and the toilets weren't as clean as I would expect, having said that we enjoyed the experience and would definately go back if nearby again.

London, United Kingdom
“Badly managed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Like most people, I would normally wait a day or two to write a review, giving time to collect my thoughts but probably more honestly prioritising it in my life as reasonably low. That said, I have just stepped through the door with my blood still boiling after the way the manager (Gary for those of you who have had the displeasure of meeting him) spoke to my parents and I.

I was ominous on arrival as my Gin & Tonic was served to me warm with no ice or lemon (having not specified assuming this was a given) but although a cardinal sin that any gin drinker can understand, definitely forgiveable at this point....

I could now list a number of annoyances from this evening attributing to the appalling service we received here, but for the interests of the reader I'll make it quick. Another G&T served in the same state, congealed cheese served as a starter, 45 min wait between starter and main, we asked for more drinks, they never came, food arrived, my mum's looked like it had already been eaten one, drinks still haven't arrived, we asked for condiments, they didn't arrive, I asked again, the drinks still haven't arrived, my steak was fine, the chips were good, the drinks still not here... I think you get the picture.

No quicker as I'd swallowed my last chip my Dad is up at the bar ready to get the bill and get out of there. As we sort removing the missing drinks from the bill with the waitress, Gary comes bowling over and interrupts barking some order... this point was the final straw and my mum asks him to refrain from disrupting her whilst in the middle of serving us - a reasonable request I'd say?! Gary disagrees shouting towards us "I am the Manager. I will speak to my staff when I want to". The rest is a bit of a blur as my Dad and Gary go at logger heads for a little.

NEVER have I experienced such a rude and ill mannered service. Gary you may be the manager but you're a really rubbish one. The food was alright and that's about it.

2 Thank MissCRollo
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, but be warned if you book on line”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I booked online the day before, when we arrived they didn't have the booking despite having an email confirmation. The manager said it can take 24 hours for them to receive the reservations. I also booked for 5.30 (using a drop down menu) as went with young children, the manager told me they don't start serving until 6pm. Despite this the manager sorted us with a table, but I think we could have struggled if we arrived later on a Saturday evening.
The food and service was great, no specific children's menu, but they could order from the light menu or have a smaller version of the main menu and both virtually cleared their plates of fish and chips (one minor niggle, the plates were scalding hot, would have preferred cold plated for small children). Everyone from 3 to 75 enjoyed their meals, it was good value. It's been 5 years since we have been to the Plough, don't plan on leaving so long again

birmingham
“Good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal on Saturday 5th of July. Lamb chops were good and the meal was well worth the cost. Service was efficient and quick, staff always polite and helpful. We will revisit soon.

Staffs, England
“Pleasant country for a nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Reasonable food served with a nice bit of style, spacious inside, nice décor and country pub feel, good service and decent beers. For a lunchtime get together this was very good, and not too expensive. A standard pub menu is supplemented with a few specials and it felt a sound place to return to.