“Amazing Sandwiches.”

The Food Room
Ranked #53 of 163 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Fresh sandwiches, salads, homemade soups, paninis, afternoon teas, ploughman's platters and homemade cakes made from fresh quality locally sourced ingredients. Our sandwiches and salads are made to order just as you want them. We sever coffees, tea pig teas, hot chocolate, cool drinks, crisps and a range of cakes. You can eat in our small but perfectly formed old school building or you can have your lunch wrapped up to go if the sun is shining we have a quaint little courtyard with outdoor seating too. We offer corporate and event catering tailored to your needs, please enquire within the food room.
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was great! A really nice place to grab a quick bite. Been here quite a few times now and it's been consistently good.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I visit regularly and love the building and the food is good.

It does get busy so there can be a little wait but it's worth it.

The staff are very pleasant but there is a foreign lady who is a bit frosty and needs to be a bit more pleasant/welcoming.

Otherwise I would recommend this place for a freshly made sandwich. The soups are great but not on in the summer so look forward to them coming back soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I dropped in today for the first time to escape the oppressive heat (30c!) in Lichfield. Quite small with maybe half a dozen tables plus a few more outside, the premises were spotlessly clean. Ordered a smoked salmon and cream cheese baguette and cold drink which took about 5min to arrive. Nice fresh baked brown baguette with Philly style cream cheese, watercress and a generous portion of smoked salmon. A few mixed leaves drizzled with a little sweet chilli dressing and a slice of lime completed the dish. Washed down with a bottle of Bottlegreen's elderflower presse all for a very reasonable £7.10
Definitely a cut above the average, even for Lichfield.
When normal Lichfield weather returns i.e. chilly, I'll pop back and try the coffee or maybe the Tea Pigs tea.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love the food room, the selection of sandwiches and rolls are amazing - I often try the cajun chicken or the beast. However the only issue I have is the waiting time, it is pretty ridiculous if I'm honest, the place could do with expanding and having a few more staff. The place itself is a quaint little sandwich bar and is lovely and clean, like I say the only downfall is the waiting time. You can however phone up or email in your order to collect at a certain time (but you still have a ridiculous waiting time).

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We called in for a coffee today and it gave us a good chance to look round.As another reviewer says you do have to wait a little but its so nice and clean and pleasant that its no problem.The food is all freshly prepaired and was superb(according to some people next to us!!). The girls who work there are so nice and helpful .I can recommend this cafe with no hesitation,they seem to have got everything spot on,so good luck to them. Places like this make you realise how poor the vast majority of places are.