“Wow ! Chocolate indulgence Afternoon Tea”

Netherstowe House Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 155 Restaurants in Lichfield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Wow ! Chocolate indulgence Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to return here for Chocolate Indulgence Afternoon Tea twice this month. Once with my husband and second time with the girlies.

Both times it wasn't a let down and just as special as last June when I first visited. The price hasn't changed either ! And it happened to be raining and we were greeted with an umbrella - fab service taking customer care that bit further.

When I visited with my husband it was a Saturday and it was considerably busier. There was so much noise from the chatter in the main dining room so I was glad that we were seated in the rear dining room. I would recommend you choose this room at weekends so at least you can here what the rest of your party are saying.

Both occasions the staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us.

I haven't tried the flowering teas but they looked magical and I think I may just having one from an entertainment point of view next time. I also found out there are many different types of afternoon tea...good excuse to return !?!?!

It's a little bit of magic tucked away behind a housing estate in Lichfield.

Cannot see how you could be disappointed...

Visited March 2014
NetherstoweHouse, Owner at Netherstowe House Restaurant, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear “Absfab”,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing Netherstowe House twice this month. We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed both experiences.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, our restaurants are very busy which, of course, is a sign of popularity and normally contribute hugely to the atmosphere. However, we recognise that in true hospitality one size fits one and so please do not hesitate to advise our friendly Hospitality Team of your dining room preference for future bookings.

We hope that you and your husband and friends will be able to visit again soon when we look forward to sharing our range of delicious flowering teas with you.

Warmest wishes,

Ben and the team at Netherstowe House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went with some friends for a 60th birthday tea. This was a second visit for me but a first for my friends. After a little mix up with the table setting we began a lovely tea.The sandwiches,scones and cakes we were presented with looked super. Our waitress's was lovely keeping us well topped up with tea and checking that all was ok. Netherstowe house is a great place for afternoon tea especially if you want a themed tea .Even though they were very busy we not rushed or left waiting for service. I have recommended this place to my friends and they have said the same how good they found it. Just hope they didn't eat all the delicious jam and of course cream. You feel like you are back in a bygone time,can't wait to return again.

• Visited April 2014
Dear “Sue R”,

We take pride in the service and sincere hospitality we extend to all our guests so your kind support, personal recommendations to friends and review is very much appreciated by everyone connected with Netherstowe House. We look forward to warmly welcoming you back on many more occasions.

With best wishes,

Ben and the team at Netherstowe House Hotel
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location, service and food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A fantastic place to eat dinner or afternoon tea !

Located in the strangest of of places but once you find it very lovely, restaurant and service 1st class best restaurant in Lichfield for sure,

Highly recommend

Visited March 2014
NetherstoweHouse, Owner at Netherstowe House Restaurant, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear “adam774”

Thank you very much for your review, we are so pleased you had a fantastic experience with us and will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Delightful, delicious!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had afternoon tea and it was delicious, from the time that we were greeted outside and shown in to Netherstowe House we felt as if we had been transported back in time. The service was attentive without being intrusive and nothing was to much trouble.
The sandwiches, cakes and scone with fresh cream and jam were all fresh and beautifully presented. It felt as if we had been transported to a bygone era. The surroundings add an air of authenticity to this magical meal.
A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and I will definitely go again.

• Visited February 2014
NetherstoweHouse, Owner at Netherstowe House Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear “marilyn g”,

Thank you for reviewing your delicious afternoon tea experience at Netherstowe House Hotel, we are so pleased you had a delightful time with us and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest wishes,

Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Great place - quirky location...”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stopped here for lunch recently one Saturday. Thought the SatNav was lost as we turned into the housing estate but a short ride along the drive brought us to Netherstowe house.

Although a chance visit (no booking) we received good service and ate in the even more quirky cellar rooms - themes as a 50/60's music cellar and then there is a 2nd world war themed room too..

Food was good although the drinks are expensive. We also had to hunt someone down to pay our bill - didn't find anyone so just left the cash on the bar.

All in all a good experience that we will probably repeat sometime.

• Visited March 2014
NetherstoweHouse, Owner at Netherstowe House Restaurant, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear “Willow E”,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing Netherstowe House for lunch. We know that there are plenty of options so it was a pleasure to warmly welcome you for your impromptu visit. I shared your review with the teams involved and we all send our apologies for the lapse with missing the opportunity to give you a fond farewell which certainly should not have happened.

We are lucky that we are a hotel steeped in history and I am delighted that you enjoyed discovering the quirky Steak Cellar down in the depths of our Grade II listed property. Vaulted ceilings, wood-panelled walls, authentic furniture and a collection of historic memorabilia make this intimate dining den the most original place to eat in Lichfield. Curiously unforgettable, we think the Steak Cellar is perfect for relaxed dining and I sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

With warmest regards,