“Superb food for every occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Spark Lichfield - CLOSED

The Spark Lichfield
Cuisines: British, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: By day, The Spark is a continental cafe bar open for brunch, lunch and coffee. Come the weekend, we open the restaurant at night with an a la carte menu formal dining. Our chefs cook your dishes to order using quality ingredients from our local suppliers, giving us Taste of Staffordshire accreditation. Our drinks menu features wine from a local wine merchants, and espresso coffee sourced from an independent supplier. Whether you're visiting us for a pit-stop or enjoying a special dinner, we warmly welcome you to relax in our unique atmosphere.
“Superb food for every occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have eaten here a few times recently. From an evening with work colleagues to a pre-theatre dinner with me Farther the food is excellent, staff friendly and great atmosphere. The three course dinner in a great price and the selection of drinks available is suitable for any occasion. I have no hesitation in recommending it. Can't fault it..

Hi Cheesmondo,

Thanks for your lovely review and the recommendations! We love that you feel you can use us for different occasions.

Best wishes and see you soon,

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Visited Sparks today and had a lovely lunch. Brie and cranberry sandwich and my partner had a fish finger sandwich with thick cut chips. Very tasty! Reasonably priced. Well worth a visit!

Hi shiv636,

Thanks for your review and your continued support, we really appreciate it.

Best wishes and see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Lichfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I travel from a neighbouring town just to visit the Spark (as often as possible!) Excellent coffee, ambience, service and food. In fact the cappuccino I just finished is one of the best I have ever had. Right, back to work.........

Hello Christopher G,

Thanks for the review! We're really happy you like visiting us and we appreciate the support, especially as you have to travel a few miles to get here!

See you soon,

Sejal and Della (Owners)
“Gorgeous food and lovely service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We ate here for a work outing. I hadn't been here before, and was looking forward to it as others in the group had already eaten here often. I had 3 courses for £20 - the salmon fish cakes were light and tasty; the rack of lamb was sweet and tender and there was a lot of veg to accompany it. For dessert I had cheese and biscuits - lots of different cheeses! Great music and lovely decor. Fab overall: though we were the only people in the restaurant on the Friday we went!!! I bet when it's really busy it's fantastic.

Hello Missmpd,

Thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your first visit to The Spark and hope you come back soon!

Best wishes,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I have visited The Spark on different occasions and can honestly say it's a great place to go, whether you want lunch an evening meal or just a coffee!

Tried it out of an evening for the first time recently and had a great time.

I tried a starter of Honey-roasted Ham Hock with piccalilli and red cabbage. This was a gorgeous starter and something that I have never had before as a combination. My main was delicious Smoked Haddock with a creamy chive sauce. The pudding was a hit-peanut butter brownie-yum!

Aside from the food, which I would say is on par with other great bistros in Lichfield, the atmosphere was lovely. Didn't feel the pressure to leave as with other places. Could have happily stayed there all night.

As a working mum I don't get to go out too often of an evening, but will definitely be going again!

Sejal P, Owner at The Spark Lichfield, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hi Clairebeth82,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we're really pleased to read you enjoy your visits, whether they be during the day or the evening!

Best wishes and see you soon,