“Great service and tasty food!”

The Whittington Arms
Ranked #37 of 161 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sensitively restored and brimming with countryside charm, The Whittington Arms offers British pub hospitality. Mixing classic recipes and modern dishes, the menu is dictated by the seasons, with daily-changing specials also on offer. The bar is amply stocked with fine wines and smooth cask ales, and chunky wood furnishings and quirky décor make for a homely, relaxed ambience in the dining room. A menu just for kids offers fun yet nutritious choice for younger diners.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I went decided to take a drive out to the Whittington Arms today after a lovely meal there a couple of years ago. We were not disappointed. We received a very warm welcome from the lady behind the bar who told us all about the menu and wine list. She showed us to our table and just made us feel so special. I had linguini and my wife had fish cakes followed by crumble and a brûlée delicious!! Frankie who looked after us from start to Finnish told us that she was the new assistant manager, so I am sure she will make many more visitors enjoy their experience as much as we did. We will return.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We popped in for lunch today and the pub looked beautiful. We were welcomed by Frankie who looked after us and gave us menu's and recommended me a fabulous wine and I had the fish cakes which were perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. I then had a mini pudding and a coffee which was the perfect way to end the meal. Frankie really made our visit I would recommend this pub to my friends and family. We will be back soon.

1  Thank Elamkin
Alex A, Guest Relations Manager at The Whittington Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Good afternoon, my names Alex from the Whittington Arms, we're very pleased to hear you had such a lovely visit and enjoyed the service and food so much. Thank you very much for your review and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

At last we found Frankie, a warm welcome always awaits you hear especially when Frankie (lady) is on duty. all the staff are chilled and soooo friendly.... food great too
garlic bread yummy

2  Thank Yvonne V
Reviewed May 29, 2014

lovely pub I've used on a regular basis. really good atmosphere good value well cooked food, great sharer menus including sharer desserts.10/10 for staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had another lovely evening here last night. A new menu to our last visit, but with plenty of choice, especially for our guest who is a vegetarian. Great service received from Samson. Asparagus wrapped in ham, and baked camembert starters, delicious and fabulous chunky chips and beer battered cod, as well as crab, prawn and chorizo linguine, and a gnocchi dish as our mains. Great.
Thank you, we will be back again, its great to have a good restaurant that is local.

1  Thank Caroline C