“Great food & service”

Ranked #38 of 163 Restaurants in Lichfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I chose this pub to meet friends & their kids for lunch. None of the places in Lichfield appealed to me so I chose this. The food was very good with some imaginative dishes (like lamb kofta, beet root mash) which were well presented. Fantastic chips!
The bar staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had two lovely meals in this pub on Saturday night. My Husband had a liver dish and I had a chicken and ham pie, all home cooked to order. Couldn't fault the meal or service. My only disappointment was the dessert menu.....I didn't like any of the four on offer.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We managed to get a table at pretty late notice and we were delighted they were able to accommodate us! Smoked haddock in pancetta on a beet root and horseradish mash for my wife and a show stopping steak burger for me. The food was magnificent accompanied by attentive service and a good drinks range - nice wine and a very decent pint of cask beer. It's definitely worth a visit - we sent our compliments to Simon the chef as we left as very happy customers.

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Blue cheese crepe with pancetta and leeks was divine , Whitebait with smoked paprika and lime mayonnaise was superb as was our main course of rack of lamb sharer which was coated in herbs and breadcrumbs , my mouth is watering thinking about it . The generous portions left no room for pudding.All this for £34 add a nice bottle of wine £50 for 2 people is excellent value . Compliments to the service staff who were excellent.. I need to return soon as the current menu has many dishes I,d like to try. Well done Simon, Charlotte and staff.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked Sunday lunch here for my Mom's birthday. Having not been here for many years we only had the reviews to go on. We were not disappointed....The staff were very friendly, attentive and accommodating. There was a lovely choice on the Sunday lunch menu and as we were a relatively large party, I think we all managed to sample most of what was on the menu. It was all fresh and beautifully cooked and to be honest, we could not fault it at all. I can thoroughly recommend this place and found it very good value for money.