We stayed at this hotel as part of a reunion weekend, Our rooms were large comfortable and clean, it was a very warm weekend and the road outside is noisy until but not through the night. We ate in the restaurant quite early which was lucky as Lichfield had a power cut just after our starters arrived. This is when the staff came in to their own. First they assured us they would be able to provide food even if it wasn't our first choice. They offered everyone in the restaurant a free drink while they tried to sort things out, fortunately the power returned quite soon and we all got our food eventually. The staff just kept on going with smiles all round. Yes this hotel is a bit frayed around the edges but if you need an affordable hotel with lovely staff this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under new ownership, The Cathedral is a family owned and run hotel comprising of 36 comfortable en suite rooms, excellent function and conference facilities and a 24 hour licensed bar. The hotel is set in the heart of the beautiful city of Lichfield, just a two minute walk from the city centre and the magnificent Cathedral, and our exceptional friendly staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Cathedral Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cathedral Hotel Lichfield
- The Cathedral Hotel Lichfield, Staffordshire