“Lovely place, and lovely owner”
Review of The Bogey Hole B&B

The Bogey Hole B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lichfield
The Bogey Hole B&B
Ranked #6 of 10 Lichfield B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, and lovely owner”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I booked a one-night stay at the Bogey Hole, loved it and really wished we could have stayed longer. We've already agreed that next time we have a get-together between our respective homes in London and near Manchester we'll not only opt for Lichfield - a really enjoyable place to visit - but choose the Bogey Hole again.
The B&B could not be more central, but as the street is pedestrianised it was very quiet.
We had a warm welcome from Pauline, and she showed us to our twin room with a view of the garden and the cathedral. The room was snug and warm, (it was freezing outside), nicely furnished and impeccably clean. Toiletries were provided and there was plentiful hot water. The beds were very comfortable and we both slept incredibly well. Breakfast was served in a conservatory full of beautiful things Pauline has made - clearly a very talented lady - and family photos, and we really felt we were guests in someone's home, a very nice feeling indeed. Pauline told us most of the breakfast came from local suppliers, and it was certainly delicious. Our room and breakfast cost £60, and was a real bargain. We heartily recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay here but next door (25) but iv heard such great reviews from local friends and family on this place. Iv heard it has ghostly visitors now & then so I'm now thinking next time I visit family in lichfield I may stay one night to experiance this. If i have been informed in correctly please pm me. I have heard Dam street is haunted due to its history on the sieges on cathedral so ghost hunt is on my wish list next time

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank baztemple
Bollington
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Was pointed to this B&B via Tourist Advice. Really pleased with it. Felt like sharing someone's home and not the usual B&B feel. Was made really welcome and couldn't do enough for us. Even directed me through the bollards to her own personal parking space. Can't speak highly enough about this really central location and would have absolutely no problem with re-visiting - in fact, would really like to some time soon!

Room Tip: Ours was Room 4 and couldn't fault it. Looked out over main street but noise wasn't a proble...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tangent1947
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I spent one night in Lichfield for a friend's birthday and stayed at the Bogey Hole - arriving at about 5 in the afternoon on a Saturday and leaving the following morning. My room (a single - and fantastic value at £40) was beautifully laid out and nice and clean. The location is right in the heart of the town.
They weren't precious about a curfew or anything - happy for me to get home well after midnight, which was very handy.
Pauline took excellent care of me - made a space to store my bike indoors and even kept me company the next morning while I ate breakfast, chatting and telling fascinating stories about her colourful life. She also wrote me out a recipe for a homeopathic remedy for my injured knee, bless her! It was like being looked after by the granny I never had. Highly recommend! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank T M
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here one night and were extremely well looked after. Very good value and fantastic position right by Litchfield Cathedral. Mrs Duval really looked after us. She even ironed my husbands shirt for him! Can highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Laura253
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lichfield
No photo provided
Swinfen Hall Hotel
Swinfen Hall Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lichfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to The Bogey Hole B&B? Share your experiences!