“George Hotel Lichfield”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lichfield
Sidmouth
“George Hotel Lichfield”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel offers real value for money.First class food and service together with excellent
accommodation underpinned by a friendly and caring staff.The George is ideally situated
for an exploration of this historic city which includes a fine cathedral and home to former
great figures such as Dr.Johnson,David Garrick,Erasmus Darwin.The Heritage Centre is an ideal place to explore the City's long history.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for such an excellent review. Your kind comments are much appreciated and will be passed on to the staff. We hope we are able to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of the town and has a lovely bar and beer garden with great homely style food. It's not too expensive and feels like a local bar, it has always been busy every time I have been here.

The rooms are tired and need a re-vamp, but they are clean and spacious. I have been upgraded teh twice I have stayed here, the last time being upgraded to a four poster room which was lovely.

The downside is the staff, I informed the lady when I checked in the l;ast time that the room had already been paid, but she insisted that she take a security deposit form my card, even though I informed her I would be paying cash for anything that I ate/drank. She them help £160 from my account and tried to charge this when I checked out, despite me informing the gentleman who I checkout with that the card that the room was reserved with is the card it should be charged to.

Because I had put a stop on my account they then called me to say that they payment had been declined, to which I informed them that I had already told them to use the card teh room was booked and already paid with.

The final straw for me was that the previous time I had stayed, the 25th July. I had called up the next day to ask if the cleaner had found my GHD hairstraighteners, which I know I left on the dresisng table in error. I never recieved a call back about this so re-asked the question when i was staying this time 19th/20th Aug. I still have received no call back with the receptionist insiting that she would contact the cleaner who would have to check the cleaning cupboard.

These were £120 hair straighteners and the expectation would be that the hotel would have called me straight away to let me know that I had left them there.

Overall it's an average hotel in a good location, so spend as much time as you can getting out and about and not in your room dealing with staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
A private response has been sent to the guest. We recognise that we fell short on our usual high standard of service on this occasion for which we apologise.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked our double room in advance so got it for a great price.
We booked the room as we were attending an evening wedding reception near by.

The location is amazing. In the heart of the city. Plus we thought the courtyard to have drinks under parasols in the back garden of the hotel was lovely and charming too.

The customer service we received was amazing.

The morning breakfast (full english) was delicious. It was great for us.

We are looking to go again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting a review. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our City centre location and facilities. We invest heavily in our staff training and it is good the service provided by my team exceeded your expectations.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

stayed in this hotel and was very pleased to say the least, good location, good service, room was suppost to be a double room, but had single beds put together not a problem, made our stay even better had a huge big bed, very comfy. location was right in the heart of the city and pubs and small quaint resturants all in reach of this hotel. We had breakfast here and was great, more tea and toast offered. If i had know about any offers regarding downloading offers for food I certainly would have and been eating there as well. Parking free at the back for guests staying at hotel, hairdryers, iron and shower gel was supplyed staff very frendly would stay here again and already planning next trip. We have stayed at the Headgehog just down the road and this hotel deserves the rating of excellent x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your bank holiday stay with us. It is satisfying to know that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice hotel ideally situated in the centre of Lichfield - the hotel has a long history but this adds to its charm - the bedrooms where clean and well equipped, for this short of accommodation and as you would expect from a member of the Best Western group. The staff where friendly and helpful
making my short mid week stay very pleasant. The central position allows you to explore Lichfield
and in particular the magnificent Cathedral, parks, and gardens.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that our central location enabled you to make the most of the City of Lichfield. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Only choice of gammon or turkey for the carvery, neither of which I would normally eat. Service was good. Cost £13 odd for three courses. Food ok but wouldn't win any awards. Would go again if invited,as I was this time, but not rushing back. Waiting staff were very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on your lunchtime meal in the carvery restaurant. I am sorry that on this occasion the quality of the food did not exceed your expectations but please be assured your comments wil be used as valuable feedback to my team. We do hope you will visit us again in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

very good location and good value- summer break offer which included a very good carvery but we did have to move rooms because we had booked a double room but were given zip together beds which would have been ok if they hadnt been fitted with single quilts! apparently king size quilts -which would have fitted were too heavy or so the deputy manager told us. our next room had to be reported because the water wouldnt drain in the shower but it was dealt with eventually.overall it was in a great location and good value when on offer.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for posting a review and we are pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I offer my apologies that you expereinced a couple of issues with your accommodation and hope that it did not spoil your enjoyment of the hotel and the City of Lichfield.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lichfield
The Cathedral Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lichfield
Innkeeper's Lodge Lichfield
Premier Inn Lichfield North East (A38) Hotel
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield

Been to Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel? Share your experiences!