“Best 'Best Western' so far!!”

Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lichfield
Reviewed March 13, 2013

3rd year running we have booked a weekend at a Best Western using Tesco vouchers. Each time wanted a centrally located hotel, with plenty of restaurants & pubs in the area. This was the best of our 3 Best Western experiences so far, with the George exceeding our expectations. Positioned right in the middle of the lovely town of Lichfield, there are literally cafes, restaurants & pubs a few strides from the hotel entrance and very close proximity to the shops & cathedral.

Paid extra for superior room and was allocated number 25, at the back of the hotel and on the end of the corridor, so no noise issues. Can never understand why people say about a hotel being ‘old’ and ‘tired’ – that is half the attraction and tradition about them. This place is full of history. The room was very warm (it was a cold weekend) and with loads of space. Additional TV in the lounge area between the bedroom and the bathroom – as with everywhere in the hotel, all areas absolutely spotless. Didn’t eat in the hotel but used the bar lounge for a coffee and a drink. Both times the service was spot-on and it was a very comfortable place to relax. On the Friday evening there were several ‘locals’ coming in for dinner and judging by what we saw you couldn’t blame them. Breakfast was again a good experience, very polite & friendly staff, with an ample self-service selection of hot & cold foods.

Would highly recommend this to people who enjoy staying in a hotel with character and history, as opposed to some of the modern & soulless places. Every single George employee was professional and most of all…friendly and service orientated. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: 25 (superior) is very spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for posting such a great review on your recent stay. We are extremely proud to be associated with such positive feedback and I ensure you that The George team will be made aware of your comments. I do hope that you are able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We love staying here, It's in the heart of the town,On the doorstep of everything, Our room was as clean and fresh as ever,As was the hotel its self, The staff are helpful and charming and we could'nt ask for more,Will happily stay here everytime we stay in the beautiful town of Lichfield.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting such an excellent review on your recent stay. We are pleased that everything was to a high standard and your comments have been passed on to my staff and management team. We do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good value, room a bit on the small side but ok for a night stay. Staff excellent, very friendly and helpful, ideally situated for the town which is lovely. One problem the pillows are like bricks, very uncomfortable so take your own if you can. We would stay here again if we could get another good deal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for posting a review and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. Your kind comments will be passed onto my team. We have a programme of in house refurbishment and so please be assured your comment in regards to the pillows has been noted for the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now for business and overall tend to enjoy my stay. I like the fact that it's an old building and is a bit creaky and the rooms are not all the same and characterless. My room this time was a bit small and next to the key card entry door to my floor. It's not the hotel's fault but I don't like it when other guests have loud conversations outside my room at 1am and then let their room door slam shut. I was awoken three times in the night due to noisy thoughtless guests. On the plus side, breakfast is a good buffet and dinner in the bar, cheap tasty and served quickly. The bar doesn't just serve tasteless lager but has proper bitter, so you can spend a quiet evening in. The hotel is in a great location for the town's attractions and has free parking and free wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and inparticular the lounge bar and breakfast. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at the George Hotel recently, whilst visiting family. The room was nice, spacious and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, only a short walk to everything you need in Lichfield. The only downside is that noise from the street does carry into the rooms, would ask for a room at the back of the hotel next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for posting a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that the noise from the street will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this murder mystery evening and hotel stay over for my Mother inlaws 80th birthday, I booked her a room with her sister as a suprise. Unfortunately I forgot to mention that my mother inlaw has limited mobility and unable to climb stairs.. The hotel has lifts but not to the floor my mother in law was on. When we explained this to the staff they were very understanding and went out of their way to change rooms and ensure my relatives has a really good time. My Mother inlaw and her sister had great fun at the Murder Mystery, fabulous food and really enjoyed their hotel stay and super full Engish breakfast.Very pleased with the whole experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay on the Murder Mystery package. I am very pleased that everything was to your satisfaction and I hope we are able to welcome you back to another of our events in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

At first we thought great. Good value for money, easy to get to city, food excellent, roon clean and adequate for our needs, staff great. Everything fine until we wanted to sleep which I dont think was that early around midnight. The bed was too high, and when on was far too soft and 'used'. Noise from function room and noise from street - pub opposite kept us awake. Room was too warm for sleeping so we put on air conditioning which at least drowned the other noise. Didnt have a very good night at all. Spoilt weekend for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. We are currently working alongside the local Council to try and alleviate the noise problems from the street and I apologise for the obvious annoyance this would have caused. Thank you for your positive comments on other apsects of your visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lichfield
The Cathedral Hotel
Swinfen Hall Hotel
Swinfen Hall Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lichfield
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, BW Premie...
#3 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Fairlawns Hotel And Spa

Been to Best Western Lichfield City Centre The George Hotel? Share your experiences!