“If You Are Feeling Very Hungry And Up For A Chinese - This Is The Place!”
Review of Green T

Green T
Ranked #75 of 153 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Thai and Chinese.gluten free available
Aberdeen, Scotland
“If You Are Feeling Very Hungry And Up For A Chinese - This Is The Place!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was feeling very hungry one night and was attracted to the "All You Can Eat" format of the restaurant. The quality of the dishes were really good and the service from the staff was decent enough with the food arriving within a few minutes. There is a very good range of options to choose from and if you are still feeling hungry, just order more without extra charge.

Certainly a very satisfying meal.

• Visited October 2013

West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Great good, great service, recommended”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I first visited green T about 3 years ago on a works do and was a little dubious as its first impressions are somewhat disappointing as the decor and general appearance is rather tired and boring. However.....do not judge a book by its cover....the food was simply excellent, great service, very efficient staff....and so I have returned umptine times with various friends, family and my fiancé for consistently excellent standards time and time again. Would definitely recommend tho can be very busy at weekends so probably best to book a table to avoid disappointment. Go try it for yourself-you WON'T be disappointed :-)

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Food excellent, service chaotic”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Been to the 'GREEN T' a few times, the food is really really good. Unfortunately the service has dropped in standards. Chaos is probably a strong word but is about right for the night we visited.
The Staff were literally running, feet not touching the floor. Starters arrived haphazardly, we even got the next tables starters!!!!! Mains again arrived at different times. There was a long wait between ordering and receiving food & drink. I know it was a Sat night but as another reviewer stated I work hard for my money & want to feel a bit special when I am handing it over.

The golden thing shining through was the standard of the food, still excellent. Hot, tasty and just the right amounts.

So to the cost

1 bottle wine
3 pints lager
1 pint coke
3 adults (Standard price for buffet)

£85

Would I go again? Yes, BUT probably go on a weeknight, as it's more expensive Fri/Sat nights and really really busy.

• Visited August 2013
“Two Sided Story”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

An evening out with family and friends at the Green Tea restaurant in Lichfield. A lovely night, but sadly in my opinion, lacking in certain areas.

On arrival, we were shown to our table, where some of the party had already gathered. The ambience in my opinion was acceptable, without being spectacular and at points in my opinion was noisy, but it was a Saturday night and possibly to be expected.

The starters that I had tasted were lovely, although the style of service, a buffet all you can eat, served to your table and the only buffet style service I'd have, seemed a little chaotic in my opinion. The restaurant wanted to multiply the food by the party number, which is great if you all want the same things, for me it didn't work.

As aforementioned the food really was good in my opinion, but despite this, what seemed like a lot ordered, to me on reflection now, probably wasn't masses. There was plenty of food, but breaking it down, I feel there looks more than there actually was.

Later for me problems seemed to occur, were we twice ordered more starters, only for them not to arrive. Eventually we moved onto the mains, having not had all of the twice ordered starters. On ordering mains, we were told to order now any additional mains, as we may wait 45 minutes to an hour to get food next time, They were to close at 11pm and at the time it was 9.10pm I believe. Not something you want to hear. For the record our mains arrived in 15 minutes.

The starters and mains were amazing and credit were credit is due, the chef did a great job. However the portions for me were small and thus a disappointment now on reflection.

Desert however didn't seem an issue and neither did drinks.

For me however the biggest dissatisfaction was that a number of staff, seemed unhelpful, unwelcoming, disinterested and I therefore in reelection felt undervalued as a customer. A lot of money was spent by the money in my opinion, money that is its true hard earned and this simply in my opinion was unacceptable.

Only one member of staff seemed to offer anywhere near what I would consider some level of customer care. For me 3 different people serving us, a lack of service regardless of being busy and the sheer in my opinion unhelpfulness would make me think - if the food is the key only then It was good, but if I want good customer service to my standard, which granted is high, then I'd say I was not a happy customer.

Visited September 2013
“Great food - service needs improving.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've been to this restaurant on about seven occasions with various family occasions. Generally the food is very good. Always fresh and hot, good selection and nicely cooked. The premises appear very clean despite being a little shabby in places. The attitude and body language of one of the older male servers though is bordering on hostile. We were given the impression that we should eat quickly and frugally and that it was all too much trouble for him. He is letting his colleagues down with his demeanour.

• Visited September 2013