“Poor service and overpriced food”

Little Dessert Shop
Ranked #17 of 23 Quick Bites in Lichfield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with our children after a tough week for them both. Shown to a table and told to order at the till. As the kids don’t like cream we ordered with ice cream the dessert they had picked..... for the privilege of swapping to ice cream we got charged an extra £2.50. Making my sons pancakes with some sprinkled broken Oreos and a scoop of ice cream £10... anyway. Dessert arrived and was covered in cream (with Ice cream on side) we apologised to the waitress and said we had asked for no cream. She asked to see out receipt and said that it didn’t say no cream on the receipt so we couldn’t have asked. She took the dessert away and came back saying they wouldn’t do another one for us as we didn’t ask for no cream. So we asked to see the manger.
The other 2 desserts had already been brought over but without any cutlery... we asked the waitress for some cutlery to which she replied “we don’t really have any. We have been busy and short staffed and I’m walking with a limp, but I will try and find you some”
The manager came over again saying they wouldn’t do a new dessert for my son as he could guarantee we hadn’t asked for no cream.. eventually a new one was done.... still with no cutlery so he had to use the dirty ones we had already used.

3 desserts and two soft drinks £29!

Bad attitude of staff. At £10 for my sons dessert surely there is enough of a mark up that they weren’t going to loose money correctingTHEIR mistake!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

I believe we come here about 45 minutes before closing time. There Was only a few tables of people in so why the extra loud and terrible music ?? Definitely a five star rating if there was no music giving me a headache.

A bit surprised why there isn’t table service you have to go up and order. My girlfriend went up and ordered so I can’t comment on the staff, I was however greeted by warm smiles whilst entering.

The menu is massive ! It’s literally a book that takes 2-3 minutes to go through. Due to the amount of options, deciding what to order can be daunting, it all looks so delicious!!!

The ice cream sundae was amazing I think it was called hubba bubba. It was reasonably priced I’d give the food 5 stars !!!

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

This is a well presented, flashy establishment in a prime location with very bright lighting and terrible music.
Upon entry we were ‘welcomed’ by a moody woman with a mop who grunted at us and pointed at a table in the corner despite there only been one occupied table in the whole place.
The choice is the usual stuff you’d expect. You have to order at the counter, the server was polite and prices were fair.
The food was brought over by the mop lady, to be fair to her she was much more friendly. Maybe she doesn’t like mopping... That said the place is remarkably clean.
The desserts were really nice. We ordered two different types of brownie and two kids ice creams. They were all generous sizes and well presented.
I would return here, on the whole it is nice, I think maybe staff should work on their first impressions.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

First time eating here. My boyfriend had a waffle basket, which was nice. I chose the pancakes, and wont again. They tasted like they'd been warmed up in a microwave, really dry. Lovely surroundings, shame the food doesn't live up to it!

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Ordered 2 flat whites and a latte. All 3 bitter and the coffee beans had been burnt. I drink a lot of coffee so know when it’s a bad cup. Complained to waitress who offered us a refund but manager refused. He was rude and said no refund and all 3 coffees couldn’t have been the same! Made by the same person with the same beans so of course they were all the same. We had 1 sip and left them and we are not liars! Won’t be coming again. I would suggest if you want good coffee to go a few yards down the road to the bore st bakery