“a little bit of luxury”

The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Four Seasons Restaurant at Swinfen Hall Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 153 Restaurants in Lichfield
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staffordshire
“a little bit of luxury”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a really nice place to eat; the dining room, with its log fire, is very special. Expensive, but worth it for a special treat!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent - luxury & quality”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My fiancé and I enjoyed a fantastic meal here last Thursday for my birthday. The food can only be described as superior and a food lovers heaven, but the staff and the ambience make Swindon an absolute must for special occasions. We can't wait for our wedding there in February and feel pretty confident that our friends and family will be well looked after.

“Perfect”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Anyone that knows me is aware I rarely find perfection. Todays visit was an exception to that rule. I shall keep my revue short.
Champagne - 2002 Veuve Clicquot Grand Dame - perfect
Starter - poached and smoked salmon with a 2008 Chassagne Montrachet - perfect
Main - Sirloin of beef, yorkshires, creamed potatos, roast, cabbage with bacon, cauliflower cheese, parsnips, carrots, washed down with Chateau Talbot 2005 - perfect
Pudding - Lemon Possett with pistachio biscuits washed down with New Zealing Riesling - perfect
Digestives - Indian Monsson Coffee with Remy XO - perfect

My visit summary - a delight and exceptional Sunday Lunch. Congratulations Swinfen.

Moscow, Pennsylvania
“Good local seasonal food - well prepared”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The atmosphere in the hotel and restaurant is one of quiet elegance and service.

The log fires were lit and the rooms in this beautiful building feel opulent. The restaurant was very quiet when we visited which I expect is down to the pricing and location.

The food was of an excellent standard and other reviewers have commented on the portion sizes, but Swinfen does not provide 'a little bit of nothing on a big white plate'. It gives adequate sized portions that left all of us satisfied. Quality over quantity, but there was plenty for us.

The local cheeses were a delight. The service exemplary and the whole place lovely.

• Visited October 2012
“An Uplift for Swinfen”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

(Most recent visit - Gourmet Dinner 10th August - superb)

Having read a few of the latest reviews on this venue, I felt it appropriate to place a few carefully chosen words 'on paper'. Venues of this high calibre inevitably attract the most discerning of diners, and therefore those diners quite rightly expect the very best. I visit this venue almost monthly and have done so for many years. All areas of my visits occassionally fluctuate in quality, which I expect at such high end venues who try to push the boundaries of cuisine with inventiveness, encourage young and passionate cooks to stretch their own abilities to levels of excellence which they otherwise would not be able to do anywhere else in the locale. The same with the serving staff - identified potential must be nutured. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. However, I would suggest that is not all what fine dining is about. As guests, it is about opening our hearts and minds to the new, the unusual and the sometimes slightly bizarre; accepting this adventure and offering constructive comment when necessary. Indeed, there is no excuse for poor service or acute attitude, however as a customer I feel it my responsibility to make sure I am clear about what I want, expect and usually this is delivered at Swinfen with aplomb and calmness. When it is not, I make this very clear.

I shall continue to full heartedly support this establishment, it's kitchen and staff and would encourage any visitors, should they be unhappy to address such issues there and then in order for them to be recitified fully at the time of visit.

• Visited August 2012