“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

If you're looking for the best Wells has on offer for breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner, Andre's Cafe is where you must go. The service is friendly, the surroundings cosy and the menu seasonal, extensive, homely yet inventive. My family and I are totally hooked on this place, making it a tradition to go for Christmas Eve brunch on top of regular visits whenever we're down in the area. We also recently held my parents' 60th birthday party here, where they easily catered beautifully for the 30 guests. Everything was cooked to perfection. This place really is a gem. Go.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Andre's Café is only a small place, so if when you are passing by it looks quite empty, don’t think to yourself “I’ll call in there on my way back from the cathedral” because it fills up fast, with both locals and tourists. If there’s space, go in quick.

There are also tables outside, suitable to dog walkers, or anyone who just likes to watch the world go by. Great if you just want a hot drink or a bowl of steaming hot soup, but I wouldn’t recommend sitting outside in the winter for a main meal if you don’t have to. We’ve been in here several times, and have always come away happy. Sunday lunches are excellent, especially the slow-roasted lamb. Treat yourself to a glass of their home-made lemonade, not cheap but worth every penny. The menu is not marked with gluten-free options, but have a word with any of the friendly waiting staff and they will check with the kitchen for anything that is, or can be made gluten-free.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went for lunch today and had a lovely celery soup - with the clever addition of truffle oil - and some yummy bread. The banoffi bananas were lush and the service was impeccable. My only negative comment (which I mentioned to the waitress/manageress) was that the menu was mainly rather substantial dishes, whereas a few more light bites at lunch time would have been nice. She agreed - but said the chef was adamant that the menu was fine! Maybe he should listen to his manageress and customers comments. But I would definitely recommend this establishment,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Popped in here for lunch but didn't really feel ready for a largish meal but we were advised that although the breakfast period had finished we could order from the breakfast menu still.
My poached egg on a huge mushroom on a lovely chunky piece of toast was sublime. Clearly proud of their food they serve up delicious meals every time.
If you like a visit to Wells as we do, make sure you have a bite to eat at Andre's!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Andre's was recommended by a local merchant. Easily located from town center, Their service and food was superb. Each of our party of four enjoyed different entrees that were served in a timely fashion, beautifully presented and best of all, absolutely delicious.