“Perfect for relaxed Sunday lunch”
Review of Andre's Cafe

Andre's Cafe
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've eaten at Andre's several times and it's always been excellent. Yesterday two of us had the slow-cooked lamb for Sunday lunch. It was perfectly cooked, a big tasty succulent chunk of lamb served on creamy mashed potato, with lovely Yorkshire pudding, roasted vegetables and roast potatoes too. The vegetables were all tasty and done to a turn... perfect texture. It's rare to get them that good at home. Good value and very drinkable wine by the glass. For desert I had bakewell tart with ice cream and raspberry coulis, my companion had a glorious brandy snap basket with cassis mousse and a berry compote. Wow!

It's worth booking on Sundays and summer weekends, as the cafe is not large and its fame is spreading.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have been on several occasions now and will keep going back. The Sunday roast is fantastic, great crackling on the pork, but my favourite has been the 16 hour slow cooked lamb, it's his signature dish and is perfect. If its quick and snacky you're after, the bacon and brie sandwich is brill! Plenty of good quality bacon, massive chunky doorstops and succulent! Salivating just writing about it! He has been doing a regular Fish-night on Fridays. I've been to 2 now, and both had very different menus, the choice on both was fantastic, 6 courses of seafood, all brilliantly cooked and served. Incredible value for £35, you really would have to look far and wide to find similar value. I had a crab and salmon mousseline on a risotto with a Malibu and dill cream last visit on course 3, I didn't know what to expect, but, Oh Boy! It's that dish that made me write the review, I felt like I wanted to stand up and applaud the chef! The great thing is, it's good value, so you don't mind going back again. Some places are just a treat, this one is a treat you can repeat!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Whether Sunday lunch, coffee and a cake, or the Friday fish night specials, I am always amazed by the exquisite taste of the dishes Andre serves. Always has a great atmosphere and very friendly staff, I never think twice of where to go in Wells.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to the Friday fish night with high expectations. The first course was supposed to be tempura prawns but we I got 4 luke warm prawns on a skewer that had been put under a grill, I was lucky my wife only got 3! The rest of the food for the night was full of creamy sauces that to our taste was just too much, it masked the taste of the fish. The risotto I think was pudding rice if it wasn't it tasted like it and was too sweet for the fish. Lots of people seemed to enjoy the food, so I am not saying it was sub standard it was just to much cream/fat for our taste. For a meal like this we were surprised that there was no bread served with any of the courses. The other annoying thing was after every course the waitress asked us if we wanted more drink even though we still had plenty in the bottle, we know they make a bigger mark up on wine but if you will excuse the pun 'you don't need it shoved down you throat'.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was are 1st vistit to wells we came down to see a friend. We had a lovely time in wells. We stopped of for lunch at Andrea's Cafe The choice of food on the menue was excellent i was vegertarian and there was good choice My Husband had the lamb he said it was the best lamb he had eaten and when the food came out on the plate it looked like a 5 star resurant thank you. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recomend to people