“A fabulous lunch!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food was great, imaginative but not too complicated and with very high quality ingredients, service excellent. If you are in Wells you must go!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were passing through Wells on our way home from holiday and came across this small restaurant. There was a good menu with a choice of home-cooked food. The food was well-presented and very tasty. The staff were friendly. We had arrived early when the restaurant was quiet but it rapidly filled with people. The tables were quite close to one another. This is probably of little importance at lunchtime but would be a little off-putting for an evening dinner. There were some interesting evening dinner events including a 'round-the-world' taster menu. If we lived nearer Wells we would certainly visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We just popped in for a coffee and ended up having the most amazing soup I have ever had. The atmosphere was very pleasant, busy but not hectic. The staff were just the right side of attentive without being a nuisance. I wish I could have eaten there every day of my stay, I would love to work my way through the menu

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just popped in for a bit of lunch after a recommendation from a very nice lady in the local wool shop! Lunch was very good (bacon, eggs on a cumin colcannon with a red wine sauce, smoked haddock gratin) and service was friendly. We noticed a very tasty sounding Friday fish night set menu, shame it was sold out. Don't underestimate this place I think it could be a real gem, just a shame we're only here on holiday!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

visited here twice over the Easter weekend, had a lovely lunch on both Friday and Sunday. Service is brilliant and so friendly. I can definitley recommend the slow cooked lamb - a signature dish, and also the bakewell tart!