“A Welcome Surprise”

Rugantino Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Welcome Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

After reading the good reviews about this restaurant I thought I'd give it a try, and I'm so glad I did. The vegetarian choices were excellent and the food was beautifully prepared. The service was excellent, the waiters were attentive and charming. The decor was subtle and tasteful. I will certainly be going back.

1 Thank Pamela L

UK
“A friendly place with really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place perhaps undersells itself, because quite honestly the food is excellent and the hosts made us feel so welcome. In this age of mediocre meals it's so nice to go out for dinner and not feel cheated by the experience. The whole evening felt warm, well thought out and generous. Thanks.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Simon G
whitehartwells, Front Office Manager at Rugantino Restaurant, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Reviews like yours make everyone at Rugantinos feel happy. We hope you come back and dine with us again soon.
Gillingham, England, United Kingdom
“Such a Good Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

To celebrate our anniversary last Saturday we decided to visit Wells as we had never been there before. Our aim was to visit the Cathedral and have a nice celebratory lunch. We decided upon Rugantino purely by luck. What a good find. Welcoming and professional staff, an intimate and clean restaurant, extremely good food well cooked and presented at a price which was value for money. Not a huge selection, but this is sometimes a good thing. Would definitely recommend and hopefully return at some future time.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for your comments. Next time you are in Wells be sure to come back and dine with us.
“fab - child friendly, great food and charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went here for Sunday lunch with my mother (in her 80's) and my 7 year old daughter and all of us had a great time. As with any 7 year they can be a handful at times but all the waiters were very friendly and even offered to have chef cook her something not on the menu if she didn't like anything on the menu! They must be child friendly as the table next to us had a happy 3 year old.

The food really was amazing, much better than most places that do Sunday lunch and a much wider selection. I had the cod in parma ham, my mother the duck and my daughter the roast beef, all of which were lovely. If you appreciate really good food I really recommend this place.

The restaurant and reception had been decorated since our visit last year, in keeping with the age of the property and very classy.

Even my mother was happy - which says a lot!

• Visited February 2014
whitehartwells, Front Office Manager at Rugantino Restaurant, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your meal, we aim to please all ages, and we're glad to see we are succeeding.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Good food, restaurant needs to be made to feel more welcoming.
Charged a service charge without being notified.

Visited January 2014