“Lovely lunch”

Rugantino Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family run Italian restaurant and have been for over 40 years now. We are situated directly on The Cathedral green with stunning views of the West front of Wells Cathedral. The hotel has 9 beautifully refurbished en suite bedrooms, and a restaurant that can seat 50 people. We specialise in Italian cuisine, with plenty of past and pizza options. We make our own pasta and pizza dough daily on the premises, along with fresh sauces to compliment each dish. we also have a good variety of meat and fish dishes, plenty of vegetarian options, a couple of vegan options and we are very mindful of peoples dietary requirements. I have a very talented kitchen team who work tirelesly to produce wonderful food day in day out to a very high standard. My professional front of house team are all extremly experieced in giving the best possible service at all times which enhances your meal experience with us at Rugantinos.
Frome, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stumbled across this place one lunch time with my wife and went in for the lunch menu, £16.50 from memory for a three course lunch with a glass of wine. Food was delicious, Creme brulee superb, and the service was great. Will definitely go again

• Visited July 2012

somerset
“gorgeous pasta”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The best spaghetti a vongole outside Venice! fabulous special meal recently, we will most certainly be back, very soon!

• Visited January 2013
Somerset
“Quiet meal in tired building.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

After the reception lady finished her hand of solitaire on her computer we were given menus and a drink in the very tired looking lounge. I've felt more atmosphere in an old people's home.
Food was well prepared, tasty but not great value. I still find it baffling why I can't apply my own Parmesan and black pepper. I promise I'll get it on my plate!
Would return and to try the set menu. Thanks to the charming Italian waiter who excudes quiet confidence and natural skill.

Rye, United Kingdom
“A very good Italian meal”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

While visiting Wells with family we sought somewhere to have liunch, and the Rugantino had a nice-looking menu at a very reasonable price. Service was friendly and helpful, with an excellent description of what was on offer. The four of us had different starters and main courses, and all were excellent. The pasta is prepared on site and could not be faulted. Portions were generous and piping hot. The house wine was very good.

We ate fairly early, and were at first almost alone, but by the time we finished the restaurant was full. It was clear that many of the diners were local - always a good sign! The atmosphere was cosy and charming. At a price of £10.95 for two courses or £13.95 for three this is fantastic value for money.

• Visited November 2012
Yeovil
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Italian food, great service and fantastic value for money.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Treated my mum and 5 year old daughter to a lovely lunch. Have lunched at rugantino's a few times now and have never been disappointed. Lovely Italian food, great service and fantastic value for money. Well worth a visit.