“Handy Little Good Value Restaurant”
Review of Goodfellows

Goodfellows
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodfellows is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 96 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Wife had previously visited Goodfellows with a friend when visiting Wells and wanted me to sample the food. It is quite small inside with limited seating but they seem to have an overflow area which I did not visit. For £10 you can get a very tasty snack lunch with a glass of wine. My choice was fish cake with a sweet chilli sauce and salad. Great fresh tasty fishcake, not the round stodgy potato cake you sometimes are offered. I did have a glass of sparkling water because I was going to be driving a little later but the wine my wife was served (red) was a good wine. You choose your own sweet from a chilled counter, they all looked good and tasty, my choice was a Danish Pastry which was excellent. I have no reservations about recommending Goodfellows for somewhere to eat.

There are newer reviews for Goodfellows

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been to Goodfellows in Wells twice for an evening meal and numerous times for one of their fabulous set lunches. The service is always excellent and food freshly prepared, well presented and great value for money. I visited last Saturday 22nd June with a friend for lunch and for £10 had a gorgeous goats cheese, olive and sundried tomato quiche with rocket and shaved parmesan with a glass of wine and one of their delicious homemade desserts from the chiller for after - bargain. They also offer a £12 menu and a more substantial hot menu if you are really hungry. Have never had difficulty getting a table and plan to go again next time we are in Wells.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had lunch at the Sadler Street Cafe and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Staff were perfectly attentive.

The food was excellent.

The atmosphere was fun. Lots of very interesting conversations going on around me.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Used to do a set lunch time menu for £10 incl glass of wine.

Suddenly this changed whereby portions reduced and price went up.

A real shame because it's a very lovely french restaurant.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've enjoyed coffee and pastries from the cafe on may occasions and always recommend friends and visitors to pay Goodfellows a visit. Better still have lunch in the cafe, a real treat and the opportunity to enjoy excellent food freshly prepared, and served by friendly and courteous staff - see you soon!