“Good food, enthusiastic service”

The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scotland
“Good food, enthusiastic service”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during oir recent week in Wells. Food was good and plentiful, the veggie lasagna was very tasty, only spoiled a little by the dreaded over cheesing. Confit of Duck, excellent. I'd definitely recoomend the Fountain.

Visited June 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for our lovely review, and your personal view about our Lasagne was noted!

“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in wells and I was highly impressed .The fountain inn was true little gem of a find ,with the food of a very high standard and service was very friendly and nothing was to much .If I happen to be in this area again I would defiantly go back to this lovely Gastro pub .well done!

Visited June 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you or our lovely review, and for visiting The Fountain Inn. We look forward to your next visit, and hopefully you will enjoy our beautiful little city again.
England
“Lovely meal spoiled by parking fine!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I don't live together and had arranged to meet in Wells for Sunday lunch as it's half way between our homes. I had recently returned from holiday and so we were both looking forward to seeing each other over a good meal and chose the Fountain as it had excellent reviews. We enjoyed a delicious meal although I would probably not want to sit right by the kitchen as there seemed to be a lot of traffic but that apart, everything was as good as you could imagine. I ate a delicious terrine starter and my partner had soup of the day which were were both very happy with. For our main courses we chose the roast dinner and were very impressed by the quality of the freshly cooked vegetables which included cauliflower cheese as well as 3 other vegetables all cooked lightly without the guts being boiled out of them. The atmosphere was convivial and the staff attentive without being OTT. My partner ate a dessert which I think was a sticky toffee pudding and I had a taste (two spoons provided without even asking!). We were very happy with the entire experience. The sad part was that as the carpark was full we had parked on St Thomas Street on the other side of the road from the pub where there was a single yellow line. As it was a Sunday afternoon and there were other cars parked there we didnt give it a second thought! Sadly there was a sign which we only spotted afterwards, banning parking from 8-6 so we got caught out and have had to cough up despite writing separate appeal letters. So a word of warning: if you are new to Wells which we were, don't get caught out on St Thomas Street with a parking fine as it could leave a bitter taste which you don't want after enjoying a meal at the Fountains.

• Visited April 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for our lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience at The Fountain. The traffic wardens are relentless in Wells and make parking impossible at times, and for this we offer apologies. Look forward to your next visit.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Pub Cuisine at it's Best.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just 5 minutes from Wells City Centre is the hidden gem of The Fountain.
I have been several times, and thought I should do a review, so, ,,,if it's value for money? No worries, quantity?...plenty. Quality?....All locally sourced and cooked by experts. Ambience?...by the bucketload, cosy and warm. Good quality Ales?...absolutely.

In short, it doesn't get any better. This is a MUST on a visit to Wells. Top food, service, quality and easy to get to.

• Visited December 2013
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We try hard to please and your review has made my staff very pleased indeed. We look forward to your next visit.
“Third visit's a charm, as were the first and second”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit and as always incredible food, lovely service and warm and inviting atmosphere, what more can I say!

Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We look forward to your next visit, possibly with your new little bundle of joy.