“Perfect!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Truro, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I have visited this pub a few times although the last time around a year ago it was empty, not last night! It has a new owner and is refurbished, the food is beautiful, locally produced where possible, good value and a great dining experience, the waiting staff friendly too (thank you Kate). After the meal we decided to get a coffee by the bar area and got talking to the new owner Craig, the atmosphere was so good we even stayed for a further drink long after we would have left due to the warm welcome. Fantastic food, pub and people and really pleased to say can't wait to return when next up from Cornwall.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Dropdeadfred1
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for our lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure having you both in the pub over the weekend. We look forward to your next visit, when in Wells again. We will hopefully try and tempt you with our Pork terrine again!

Gower Peninsula, Wales
“Excellent Sunday lunch, lovely atmosphere, good value.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Definitely worth a visit. A gastropub with loads of character and a warm wecome. The food is excellent with a touch of homeliness and dash of sophistication. As a family of four with two teenage daughters-one of whom is anti Sunday lunch, The Fountain certainly hit the spot for everyone.

• Visited March 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! It is always a great pleasure to have such a lovely family in our restaurant/pub. Please do visit us again when in Wells.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The Fountain Inn”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My parents recently moved to Wells from Bristol and soon became regulars in the newly refurbished Fountain Inn. Whenever the family visit from Bristol the first thing we do is book a table at the Fountain whether it be for lunch or dinner. I have always enjoyed a very good meal, well presented and interesting choice of food along with a very good wine selection. The staff are very friendly and always welcoming. I would highly recommend a visit if you are heading to wells.

Visited February 2014
Craig H, Owner at The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your continued support, and the lovely review. My staff and I enjoy your family visits and look forward to the next one!
“An absolute delight!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Fountain on Monday night with my partner and some friends for a catch up and some food. As I arrived the table near the bar were being served their food and as soon as I laid eyes on the Monkfish this tickled my fancy. I was not to be disappointed, it was a simply stunning main course. The starters were also very generous which left us full and satisfied by the end of the main course. Fortunately we still had room for an excellent Irish coffee to round of the meal.....great service, great food and a lovely atmosphere made the evening very enjoyable, I will be back as it's simply too good to avoid for any duration of time!!

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! It gives us so much joy to hear that we do get right sometimes. My chefs thank you for your appreciation of all their hard work and effort. Look forward to your next visit!
“Wow!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Not the first time I have been to the fountain for food, and, definitely won't be the last. The warm and friendly welcoming each time we have been, the outstanding food and amazing value, you couldn't ask for more. A great place to go with family or friends for a relaxing and enjoyable evening. Staff are all friendly and attentive, the decor has given this building the breath of life it's needed. Well done to all involved with making the fountain a success.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for a lovely review! It is always a pleasure to have such lovely people in our pub. We look forward to your next visit.