“Good pub grub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub

The Fountain Inn Gastro Pub
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ate here twice while we were in Wells for the weekend, very good food and friendly staff, also very good value for money.

Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good honest food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

A nice enough restaurant but not really as good as the locals make it out to be. Food was fresh, well cooked and tasty and not too expensive - just don't go in expecting an amazing dining experience and you will probably be more than happy. Its really just a pub that serves (admittedly good) food.

Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not a pleasant experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Last week we went to the Fountain expecting a lovely evening. How wrong we were. Food seemed ok but the childrens portions were very small indeed.I had to give my daughter half of my fish to make it just a normal kids size.

I had the fish and chips and my wife, the chicken salad but I found a caterpillar crawling over a piece of chicken my wife had passed me to try. Was it from my wife's meal or mine ? Kids were very hesitant about their food. Evening ruined - my wife ate nothing. Gentlemen serving said we didn't have to pay for my wifes's meal, offered to replace it and was very apologetic. My children ate a little more but it was clear everybody just wanted to leave quickly.

I went to pay the bill and the young lady somehow made me feel as though it was my fault or I was being over critical ! Our evening was a disaster. In the end she deducted mine and my wife's meal so I paid and left. The chap serving seemed apologetic but the lady who wanted my money couldn't care less and did not apologise at all. As I said above, I was made feel as though this was my fault somehow - yet they do not wash salad properly and I do not find food with an insect crawling on it acceptable !

Anyway - not a chance of me going there again or recommending it to anyone. Mistakes can happen anywhere, it is how you react and what you do about it that makes all the difference.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank PrisonerNumber6
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Good honest Pub Food, tasty and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited on a Monday where they have a 2 For £12 deal. Menu not extensive but we all found something we liked the look of and I was pleasantly surprised the food was excellent. In total for the three of us the bill was £38 for four drinks, three mains, one dessert and one coffee. The service was good, not slow even though the place was very busy. I have seen the term gastropub used and for me this should signify a more innovative menu which I didn't see on this visit nevertheless I can recommend and would certainly eat here again if I found myself in the beautiful city of Wells.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wells, United Kingdom
“Food good, service less so”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

7 of us went here for Sunday lunch. Food is good and fairly reasonably priced. However, the service was very slow. We felt slightly hurried at the end and the staff sat down to have their lunch before we left.

Visited July 2012