“Not a lot of atmosphere”
Review of Anton's Bistrot

Anton's Bistrot
Ranked #28 of 94 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Weston-super-mare
“Not a lot of atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We visited here for a roast dinner and it was Ok, but based on this visit I wouldn't rush back. It's all a little dark and just a bit tired inside.
The food was fine - thinly sliced meat with just a little gravy on the plate and some nicely cooked (still just crunchy) vegetables. For pudding I chose a traditional apple pie and custard, which again was ok. Staff were pleasant and service good - I just wouldn't rush back.

• Visited May 2012
CrownAtWells, Public Relations Manager at Anton's Bistrot, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. We're glad to hear you found our staff "pleasant and good" and food satisfactory. Not sure which part of the building you were dining but we have just redecorated our bar area. We try to light the rooms appropriately on dull days and pride ourselves on an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Sorry to hear you will not rush back, but next time you're passing, do try us again?

England
“Great for lunch”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Close to the Market Place in Wells, Anton's is great value with freshly prepared food and great service. We greatly appreciated the log fire on a cold April Saturday!

Visited April 2012
Thank you for your trip advisor review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us.
Bath
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Went for special offer between 6-7pm of 3 courses for £13.95 (2 courses for £10.95), including a glass of wine. The food was fantastic - the paté for starters was very smooth and tasty and both of our puddings were knockout and beautifully presented. My pasta dish (I've forgotten what it was called) arrived in a lovely big bowl and was full of flavour (and plenty of it!). The service was just right.
Brilliant value - we will be going again soon, for sure.

• Visited April 2012
So pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal with us on our special offer menu. We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
“poor food and glum staff”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Working nearby on a contract I thought I must visit the Crown (pub) and have a pub meal, (I had been stayed there some years ago and loved it). I asked for a pint of beer which was ok and a quarter-pounder cheeseburger. I was presented with a small burger with a giant solid slab of cold un-melted cheese perched on top, with a single piece of limp lettuce and a single slice of tomato, and cold chips. I asked the staff to please give me a ‘quarter pounder’ but not a ‘quarter pound of cheese’. Half heartedly and somewhat unwillingly the barman disappeared to the kitchen only to return with the cheese cut in half; but still thicker than the beefburger and still cold and not melted. I asked to see the duty manager where I explained the problem very calmly, who took down all my details and assured he would get back to me – three weeks later I am still waiting!! I cannot recommend advising anybody to eat there… loads more better eateries are in and around Wells.

1 Thank Neal_J_M
We're sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us and did not receive a satisfactory response to your comments at the time. This is not the norm and the glum member of staff is no longer working at The Crown.
Peterborough
“Warm and friendly”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

It was cold and raining our first evening in Wells and we spotted the warm glow through the windows of Anton's, which was a true indication of what we found inside. Friendly and smiling waitresses, a roaring fire, and good honest food at a reasonable price. A very pleasant evening.

• Visited April 2012
HappyCamperSomerset, Public Relations Manager at Anton's Bistrot, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Delighted you enjoyed your meal with us. Thank you for leaving us with a warm glow!