“Lovely find”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Lovely find”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant. Food very nice and great atmosphere. Service is friendly and efficient. Overall great find

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Like a second home..”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I must start with a caveat in that I live locally to The Rajah so my review is based on many visits, conversely I am very fussy about Asian food; so much rubbish is served and happily consumed by many. The Rajah is an 'Indian' of the sort that is slowly dying out, an unpretentious first floor restaurant that seats no more than a couple of dozen under the watchful eye of Ali, the owner. The food is simple, consistently good, well presented and the service meticulous.

I dine here with friends and also take my 2 small children; worth mentioning that they treat my daughters like princesses and will make a dish to the appropriate strength and size for them. My 4 year old will happily demolish a fair dish of Korma, my 9 year old gets a slightly spicier version of a Bhuna on every visit!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank alisterbetts
Leeds England
“Have been twice will go again”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

In the centre of this amazing Cathedral City of Wells you find the Rajah Tandoori hidden in a terrace of shops round the back of a one way side street. This small restaurant is cosy and comes with a very warm service.

I have eaten from here twice now (both takeaways) and would definately recommend as I would go back a third time. I'm from Leeds so I'm not quite round the corner from this place!

I had a chicken tikka starter which came with seasoned fried onion, coriander and a colourful yoghurt sauce which was sweet. The chicken was juicy and fresh and was amazing! I had chicken Dansak for main course with boiled rice and peshwari naan (sorry about my spelling!) although the Dansak was nice the chicken was a bit chewy so not the best I ever had but nice and plenty of chicken. Not very spicy as I like mine quite hot and would say it was mild. Boiled rice was fine and the naan bread was perfect sweet and fresh with desicated coconut in the centre.

Would I eat here again? YES! Well worth a visit. Would say this place would suit the English style curry eater as it is not quite as hot as most places so would reccomened to ask for it hotter if this is how you prefere?

Value is quite fair as Wells is quite remote and ample parking down the streets after 6pm or locally in one of several big pay and display carparks