“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We often ate here when it was 2-4-1, and never had a bad meal. However, it is now under new management. The menu was uninspiring and expensive. My husband chose a medium steak, plus £1.80 for a small jug of sauce. It came on a sizzlingly hot metal dish, so of course the steak carried on cooking. The steak itself was tasteless and gristly.

My lasagne (£8.15), was a meagre portion, nuked to death. When I was able to touch it, it was all lasagne sheets and bechemel sauce, and about a small tablespoon of meat. The edges were baked hard and inedible. My 'side salad' was a tablespoon of lettuce, one strip of red pepper, two strips of onion, and skinny slice of the end of a tomato, the bit you normally throw away. The chiabatta had the tiniest smear of garlic butter, dry and tasteless. When I complained, we were offered a free coffee each. This too was tasteless.

We should have noticed that the car park, which was normally full, had only six cars, including ours. The bill came to £27, which included two lagers. Rip off! We won't be back.

1 Thank Christine N

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Improved so much!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I took my family for a meal at the camelot as it was nearing Christmas and we always meet up for a pub grub. We were quickly and kindly greated at the door by a lovely young gentlemen who then proceeded to take us to a table and handed us menu's. At first we were a bit confused as the menu had changed and we didn't realise it had stopped being 241, however the young waitress with the blonde hair was so lovely I didn't care and the prices worked out roughly the same as before so all in all it was great. When the food came out our steaks were served on a sizzling platter and tasted to perfection. I had no complaints and we stayed for hours having drinks. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great meal and great atmosphere.

Bristol
“very disappointed”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Took some friends for a meal last week, nobody explained that it is no longer 2-4-1. It is now twice the price for very bad quality food and service. Will not be returning!!

1 Thank bethsdad
“Camelot (new improved menu)”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here several times in the past when they had 241 menu. It was below average pub grub.
New menu and new chef this visit, excellent food, great service and good beer.

UK
“Great food, great service and all at a great price.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The menu is fantastic, with a huge range of options, plus there is an option to take desert away with you.
Service is effiecient and friendly; any queries or problems are quickly rectified.
Great food at a great price.
Thank you.