“Vile! Rude! Avoid at all costs!”
Review of Camelot Inn - CLOSED

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

After eating a few times here over the summer the food has not been too bad considering the cheap price and busy summer eves.
HOWEVER, after going out for dinner with friends last night unfortunately it was far from even 'alright'!

After waiting 45mins for our one corse meal to arrive (bearing in mind the place way dead!) every one of our orders was wrong. Even the children's meals came out wrong! The waitress didn't have a clue what food she was bringing to the table!
By this time we were starving!!

We informed the girl behind the bar and she said someone would be out when we finished are meal, so completely missing the point of the conversation.

A further 10mins and the most rudest women who called herself the 'manager' arrived to our table. Only to shoot our comments down and talk to us like children. After future debate on the matter she offered us free desert witch we excepted and hope to take that token as to make wrongs write.

ONLY to have the previous waitress clear our table and explain that the deserts were to be taken from her wages!!!!!
Unbelievable!!!

I for sure will NEVER be returning to the Camelot ever again!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Me and my partner and son went here for dinner as we had had a really nice meal here in the past but on this occassion it was awful.... The portion sizes were ridiculously tiny.. My son had bbq chicken with rice and had 3 tiny pieces of chicken, my partner and i had ribs and chicken... Not gonna lie ribs were lovely.. Chicken was like rubber and the size of a matchbox... We both had chips with it and only had about 5 each on the plate and the coleslaw was served in one of the tiny tiny sauce pots... I complained to the 'rude' waitress only to be seen by some 'jumped up little sod' who simply told us... 'thats the way it comes' we then got eyeballed by staff until we finished our meal and left.... Will definitely NOT be eating there again and do not advise anyone else too.. The two for one is not a good offer..

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, drawn in by the 2 for 1 offer. To start with we stood at the bar, only people waiting and yet were ignored by three staff members before one young lad came to serve us. I ordered one of the two choices of vegetarian dishes they had on offer and my friend had something else. Ayer about 5mins the waitress came to tell me that they didn't have what I wanted so did I want to order something else. Well there was only one other choice so had to go with that. It was some kind of broccoli pastry thing, with veg, potatoes and gravy. The filling in the pastry thing was ok, but the meal had obviously been microwaved as I had black rubbery carrots, rubber cauliflower and the pastry was soggy with a rock hard top. Biggest load of rubbish I have ever eaten out. Unfortunately my friend was paying so I did not say anything as it would have been rude and would of hurt her feelings. Also the extortionate price they charge in the first place is the only way they seem to be able to justify doing 2 for 1. I believe my meal alone was about £16 +, it was a tiny little pie with veg not sirloin steak for goodness sake. Will not be returning! Or recommending to anyone!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have been here several times in the past and it's always been ok for the 2 for 1 offer, however today was dreadful.We asked for grapefruit juice-they didn't stock it, we had short measures on our pints of soft drinks and after waiting a good 25 mins for our meals, were told that they had run out of one of our choices. After waiting a further 20 mins, our meals arrived but the naan breads were like leather.The pub had been quiet up until this time, so I don't know why we had to wait so long. When I went to pay the bill, the bar had become busy and after waiting about 15 mins for my turn to be served (there was only one person serving behind the bar), the barman went through to the other side of the bar and served someone else who had come to the bar after me, at which point I lost my rag and asked to be served. The barman did then serve me and I raised all the above complaints, suggesting that he pass them on to the new landlady, who had been serving when we arrived, who we had found to be rather brusque and not particularly friendly. We certainly will not be going back.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stopped here on the way back from Bath to Torquay, ordered dry white wine, but sweet wine was poured. The staff changed it straight away but the dopey barman should have known what he was pouring out . Ordered steak and ale pie to eat. Usually when you order a pie, you get an individual one but mine was a slice cut from a larger pie. God knows how many times it had been re-heated - it was very dry and the pastry tough. It was meant to be made with Pedigree Ale, but Pedigree Chum would have tasted better! Toilets dirty - lots of flies in them - not pleasant. We have eaten at Camelot a few times over the years & whilst it has never been top notch, this was definitely the worst of our visits. Such a shame, because it is nice inside, with a lovely conservatory overlooking the garden.