“Avoid!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Avoid!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, drawn in by the 2 for 1 offer. To start with we stood at the bar, only people waiting and yet were ignored by three staff members before one young lad came to serve us. I ordered one of the two choices of vegetarian dishes they had on offer and my friend had something else. Ayer about 5mins the waitress came to tell me that they didn't have what I wanted so did I want to order something else. Well there was only one other choice so had to go with that. It was some kind of broccoli pastry thing, with veg, potatoes and gravy. The filling in the pastry thing was ok, but the meal had obviously been microwaved as I had black rubbery carrots, rubber cauliflower and the pastry was soggy with a rock hard top. Biggest load of rubbish I have ever eaten out. Unfortunately my friend was paying so I did not say anything as it would have been rude and would of hurt her feelings. Also the extortionate price they charge in the first place is the only way they seem to be able to justify doing 2 for 1. I believe my meal alone was about £16 +, it was a tiny little pie with veg not sirloin steak for goodness sake. Will not be returning! Or recommending to anyone!

Bath
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have been here several times in the past and it's always been ok for the 2 for 1 offer, however today was dreadful.We asked for grapefruit juice-they didn't stock it, we had short measures on our pints of soft drinks and after waiting a good 25 mins for our meals, were told that they had run out of one of our choices. After waiting a further 20 mins, our meals arrived but the naan breads were like leather.The pub had been quiet up until this time, so I don't know why we had to wait so long. When I went to pay the bill, the bar had become busy and after waiting about 15 mins for my turn to be served (there was only one person serving behind the bar), the barman went through to the other side of the bar and served someone else who had come to the bar after me, at which point I lost my rag and asked to be served. The barman did then serve me and I raised all the above complaints, suggesting that he pass them on to the new landlady, who had been serving when we arrived, who we had found to be rather brusque and not particularly friendly. We certainly will not be going back.

• Visited October 2012
Loocyloo
“Could be lovely ....”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stopped here on the way back from Bath to Torquay, ordered dry white wine, but sweet wine was poured. The staff changed it straight away but the dopey barman should have known what he was pouring out . Ordered steak and ale pie to eat. Usually when you order a pie, you get an individual one but mine was a slice cut from a larger pie. God knows how many times it had been re-heated - it was very dry and the pastry tough. It was meant to be made with Pedigree Ale, but Pedigree Chum would have tasted better! Toilets dirty - lots of flies in them - not pleasant. We have eaten at Camelot a few times over the years & whilst it has never been top notch, this was definitely the worst of our visits. Such a shame, because it is nice inside, with a lovely conservatory overlooking the garden.

Visited October 2012
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“What you see is what you get!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've eaten here several times and it's always been okay. It's by no means a gastronomical experience but for a 2 for 1 place, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

There are a couple of members of staff that are attentive and friendly, but sadly there are equally some that are shockingly bad. My gran became obssessed with the beer battered fish and we had to return twice to satisfy her craving during her "weekend" stay!

Sometimes sticky tables, sometimes drippy staff but hey cheap as chips!

Summary: All in all, don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. 5/10

• Visited September 2012
Shepton Mallet, England, United Kingdom
“Very poor - Definitely NOT going back”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The service was slow but I don't know why because they weren't taking undue care with food preparation!
Salads (un-dressed) arrived served in a bowl at the bottom of which was a substantial amount of water - presumably because the leaves were not drained properly (or maybe, at all?)
"Fruits of the Forest Crumble with a Jug of Custard" came all together in a bowl with the crumble COMPLETELY submerged in custard (nothing else but custard visible - maybe they didn't want us to know what the crumble looked like!)
We didn't expect a fine dining experience at a 2 for 1 pub, obviously costs have to be kept in control , but how much does it cost to drain the salad or find a jug for the custard.
The answer is that it costs nothing but does require staff who care about what they do.

• Visited September 2012