“Amazing food and staff”

The Good Earth
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
“Amazing food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

The Good earth really is my favourite restaurant, definitely the best place to get lunch in Somerset. The food is always delicious, and the menu changes daily so there's always something new to try. Even if you just drop in for coffee, they have a large selection of homemade cakes and the latte art is great!! It can get very busy around lunch time but I guess that just shows how good this place really is.

3 Thank LittleAA

Somerton, United Kingdom
“A vegetarian paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Excellent, imaginative, flavoursome food. The sort of place you should take a non-vegetarian, it might convert them.

1 Thank Richard M
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

GREAT - Can't fault our meal we had on a Saturday. The food was lovely and the atmosphere was super! We all had soup, main course and dessert and the food was such good value and a fantastic standard. There was a wide range of foods and drink which was great. It was so nice that after our afternoon looking around wells we returned for afternoon tea. This is our first time visiting the good earth and we will be returning very soon. Thank you

3 Thank Fantasticfoods
Well, United Kingdom
“Made me ill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I suffer from Celiacs. I can't eat wheat or gluten. I asked if they had anything gluten free. The suggested one option. Which I have to admit was quite tasty. But 3 hours later I was vomiting. I was sick for 3 days and unable to work.
They clearly don't know what they're putting in their food.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Bill G
Hampshire
“Veggie at it best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

On a recent short break to Bath, my partner and I just had to make the arduous bus journey to Wells especially to try out the place that is getting such good reviews - The Good Earth.
We arrived not long after 1.30 and the restaurant was full and 'buzzing' - always a good sign as long as you can get a table!
We were both tempted by dishes from the specials board. My partner chose vegetable goulash with brown rice (which she said was absolutely delicious) and I had lasagne. The lasagne did not come with anything, however it was also excellent and plentiful -it really was a complete meal in itself!
Obviously at this time of day freshly cooked 'specials' will tend to run out, and the rather tempting puddings were limited. However this is the sacrifice made for not having some frozen 'dish' zapped in the microwave and served to you as so many places seem to.
So If you're tempted to try excellent, freshly cooked, tasty food at very reasonable prices, I have no hesitation in recommending The Good Earth. The staff are friendly and attentive and are obviously very skilled at what they do. They also take pride in their work, a quality sadly lacking in so many places in this country now.

• Visited October 2012