Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed 3 days ago
AnoReviewers
via mobile

2,919 results
All reviews scissor arches chapter house quarter hour jousting knights medieval clock beautiful building jesse window suggested donation guided tour awe inspiring small city voluntary donation stained glass worth a visit free entry free tour architecture
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I checked the website before travelling and it said free entrance, donations accepted. Well thats very misleading isn't it. After going through the very swish entrance we came across the "Donations desk" suggested donation £6:00. Well I don't mind making a sensible donation but for the two of us thats £12:00 to look inside a big church. The way the entrance is layed out it makes it very difficult not to make a donation, and to feel very guilty at not donating. As I said I dont mind donating a sensible amount but object to being told how much I should donate. We turned around and spent our cash elsewhere.
Not impressed.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Beautiful building and surroundings. It is free but the entrance is guarded by staff asking for payment so not sure how it is supposedly free. Although we were happy to make a contribution.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Flawless!! An amazing piece of history and architecture, which is truly breath taking, I am so amazed with how clean the cathedral also is.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Interesting Cathedral which is in amazing condition considering it's been around a year or two. Really weird inverted arches support in the middle so worth a look.

Reviewed 6 days ago

Amazing Cathedral , just incredible.We visited on November 10th and saw poignant image of poppies cascading down the cathedrals steps. Entrance is charged by voluntary donation.

Reviewed 6 days ago

The construction is beyond words. The heritage captured within the Cathedral is a very impressive experience, which provides a lasting memory.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I walked in through the new entrance, I wasn't asked for money, I went on a free and entertaining tour, I marvelled at the astounding stone carving, was stunned by the huge and elegant Chapter house - as seen in Elizabeth - It was all as I remembered it from 40 years ago; friendly relaxed peaceful, surrounded by a city alms tuntouched by the ages.
One of England's go before you die places.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Whilst the cathedral is really worth seeing, I object that although contributions are voluntary, the staff there make you feel you should pay. The cathedral is meant to be the house of God, and some people go to be quiet or to pray, and they should not have to pay. I understand that the upkeep is very expensive, but make it truly voluntary, and pray for God to provide. It does not seem very Christian to me.

1  Thank juneclarke07
Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice and clean free to get in just leave a donation and walk round at your leisure inside cafe available

Reviewed 1 week ago

A nice little town worth a visit by itself and in the middle of town there is this great cathedral. I love it.