do not stay here if you
1. have a car and want helpful easy clear directions to a car park.
2. the smell of tamato, onion and Garlic Ragu makes you feel ill after 24 hours+.
stayed here had a car the reception was not overly versed on where you should park for the best.
the bathroom in our room stank of fermenting italian sauces from down stairs, i assume as the kitchen was directly below? but after the second day this started to actualy make us feel sick!!!!!!!!
your breakfast is over the road and if you order a paper DO NOT WAIT IN BED TO READ IT. you have to get up and go over to the sister hotel to retrive it!!!!!!!!!!!!
the oitalian restaurant however downstairs was realy good, but after eating there on the first night then having to smell the food for 2 days it knocked you sick really i am affraid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you come to the Ancient Gate House in the Cathedral city of Wells in Somerset, you'll feel at home as soon as you arrive.Whether you are staying in one of our recently decorated and beautiful bedrooms, or dining in one of our award winning restaurants your comfort and satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do.The Ancient Gatehouse is a family run hotel and restaurant offering a blend of friendly and professional attention in relaxed yet stylish surroundings situated facing the famous west front of Wells Cathedral and the Cathedral Green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ancient Gate House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ancient Gate Hotel
- Ancient Gate House Hotel Wells, Somerset