This was our first visit and having travelled for some time we needed a light lunch to revive us before we embarked on our tour of Wells.
It was rather crowded but we were able to just get a table. I went to get drinks and order some food at the bar and asked if I might have a plain salad (as I have a food allergy) plus a sandwich for my husband , but was told that they could not do salad without dressing as they were too busy. I have to say that the barman was apologetic but I cannot understand why it was impossible to fulfil such a simple request.
Realizing that my husband needed a break I ordered the drinks and a sandwich and no food for myself. When I returned to the table with the drinks my husband was incensed and said that I should not have ordered anything.
Wells was very beautiful but I won’t be returning to the Crown next time we visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown is a 15th century coaching inn overlooking the Market Place in the heart of Wells. The Crown offers affordable accommodation, great food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Crown at Wells & Anton's Bistrot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Wells And Anton`s Bistrot
- The Crown At Wells & Anton`s Bistrot Hotel Wells
- The Crown Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells & Anton's Bistrot Somerset