We went for a family meal on the evening of the 17th of July. We have been here with my parents before and have had very good service and food. This was a very disappointing evening . There were 9 of us and we had to wait over 45 minutes for our starters and when they arrived they were not value for money. The smoked salmon portion was tiny enough for one fork full, as was the portion of crispy duck on the starter menu. The mains arrived a little quicker but my brothers cod in batter was still cold in the middle. This was obviously a frozen piece of fish not fresh cooked in home made batter which for the price of £9.50 is not cheap, but would be worth it if homemade. So my brother had to wait while a fresh meal was brought, and by the time this had arrived the rest of us had finished our meals. When the bill arrived the fish had been removed as had the two bottles of wine. A nice gesture but would it have not been better to come over and offer an apology as well as removing the wine and the fish dish. Very poor Antons Bistro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown is a 15th century coaching inn overlooking the Market Place in the heart of Wells. The Crown offers affordable accommodation, great food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Crown at Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Wells And Anton`s Bistrot
- The Crown At Wells & Anton`s Bistrot Hotel Wells
- The Crown Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells Somerset