We stayed in Wells to visit some friends. I made the mistake of assuming that with the proximity of Babington House, that there would be some boutique hotels here. The places to stay are much more traditional than this - the sort of B&B that seems not to have changed in 30 years.
If that is what you are expecting, then you won't be disappointed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom more than suitable. The breakfast tasted good and there was plenty of variety on the menu.
The whole place is probably due a makeover and it made me feel that I spent a little more than I would have preferred to. I would have been happy to spend GBP 80 but GBP 115 seemed very steep, seeing that I stayed in central Paris just this week for about GBP 85.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown is a 15th century coaching inn overlooking the Market Place in the heart of Wells. The Crown offers affordable accommodation, great food and friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Crown at Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Wells & Anton`s Bistrot Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells And Anton`s Bistrot
- The Crown Hotel Wells
- The Crown At Wells Somerset