“regular quality”

The Courtyard Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Wells
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are locally family run restaurant with local frendly staff. We have been hear for 9 years, 8 years as café piano, but we have no longer have a piano so we just changed the name to The courtyard restaurant. We just want you to have a great time with afordable food
Reviewed June 10, 2013

we found this gem a couple of years ago. constant quality food, excellent service. great entertainment. bravo. say hello to mike the barman/singer/all round nice bloke. have been eating here regularly and never been disappointed.

2  Thank steve w

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I have just got back from eating a delicious three course Sunday roast at Cafe Piano. Overall it was fantastic and the service perfect, but for me there were a few (very minor) issues with the food, hence not giving the place 5 out of 5.

As a starter, my girlfriend had French onion soup which she said was tasty but she didn't particularly like the cheesy croutons that were included. I had the prawn and salmon starter which was perfect. Very fresh and a generous portion, a great starter.

We both had the roast beef for the main, it was very nice but I did feel that the gravy was slightly salty for my taste. This may have been because I added a little extra salt before tasting the dish, so it could easily have been my own fault. It looked like the Yorkshire puddings were not home made either, which is a minor touch but something that definitely takes a roast to the next level.

At this point, we were both stuffed, but opted for a pudding each because it's a Sunday and that's how we roll. My girlfriend had sticky toffee pudding and I had a bakewell tart. Both were delicious, and finished the meal of perfectly.

At £12.95 for three courses you really can't go wrong, great value, great service and very nice food. I would definitely recommend the place!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Great food everytime we have been, the duck was amazing and partners steak also very good.
The servers are on the ball and enjoy coming here.
Only downside was a group next to us were very loud and 1 of them who had the loudest laugh I have ever heard lol but this is nothing to do with the restaurant.

1  Thank Southwestpt
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everyone in our party enjoyed the food & service, and I would certainly return. We were entertained by the manager singing a Bobby Darin song, after he had been persuaded by my friends to let me do a number. It became a very entertaining evening.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Decided on dinner at Cafe Piano and we had a great meal! Food was excellent and creative. Portions were generous.