“Like staying with a friend”
Review of Glengarth House

Glengarth House
Ranked #18 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Like staying with a friend”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here during our trip around England. The B&B is in a great location, with easy parking & the owner, Julie, is extremely friendly & helpful. The room we had was very comfortable & quiet. Breakfast was lovely. We stayed here about 4 years ago & weren't sure if the same owner would be there. But everything is the same & it really is like staying with a family friend. Thank you Julie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
So pleased to get your review, it was so lovley that you drove around to find me for your second visit! Hope the rest of your holiday went well, we are having amazing weather here which a bonus and makes everyone happy;)). There are lots of visitors around at the moment , so I'm keeping busy and out of mischief!! Take care it was so nice to see you again.x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lovely family room, very clean, excellent quality and decorated to a high standard. we had a lovely weekend stay and picked a weekend with great weather. The landlady Julie is very welcoming, warm and friendly nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast was great will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great quality
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to look after you,hope to see you again one day.take care.
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm late writing this but must recommend this to everyone. Everything about it is great -delightful bedroom, excellent breakfast and a lovely owner, Julie, who is full of useful local information. The position is excellent as it is a comfortable, easy walk into the centre. Wells is very interesting, with hidden treasures which Julie will tell you about. We were in a walking party of 7 and Julie coped admirably. I f only all B & Bs were as good as this!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wrinkly one
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review, it is important to me to get feedback from my guests so that I can provide the best possible service. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your stay in wells. And I hope we may meet again one day. Have a lovley summer. Julie.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed one night at the weekend and we were really impressed. Room was spotless, light and airy with great decor and some nice little touches such as quality toiletries and a bed so comfy we didn't want to get up. Julie the landlady is lovely and friendly, and does a fab bacon sarnie and my other half says the scrambled egg was delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karensk72
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
It was so lovley of you to leave me a review, so thank you, a lot of people look on trip advisor, and always say to me that they have read my reviews, it is most appreciated, and I hope that people feel that true descriptions and comments have been left. Thanks again. Julie.
Earls Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a great Bed and Breakfast! We stayed for the night with our two children and received a warm and friendly welcome. The landlady, Julie, offered advice on where to visit and eat within the area and was always happy to see us.
The decor was lovely, comfortable, and of a high quality.
The breakfast was great, a big selection and lots for the kids to choose from. I can't recommend it enough.
In the room there was a selection of kids toys, books and DVDs which the children loved, the room is also on the first floor so easy to get to with the children. The beds were also very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eleanor r
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks so much for your review, I am so pleased that you and your lovley family enjoyed their stay in wells. I hope your journey back was ok, and that you had a great time at your nans party. Thanks again, and when you are back in wells I hope we can look after you once more.
halesowen
Reviewed June 5, 2013

i was down in wells for a friends wedding and needed a b&b close to the centre. glengarth is a short pleasant walk to the cathedral. julie`s everything you`d want in a ladylady,bright and bubbly,full of local information. the room was bright, airy and comfy, breakfast was excellent. all in all a great find and a great place to stay. excellent base for touring wells/glastonbury ect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank richard b
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at glengarth, I am sure it was extra special for you seeing wells in the sunshine! Hope to see you again one day. Thanks. Julie.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came across Glengarth by chance on the Internet - how lucky was I ? A very warm welcome from Julie who just couldnt have made us feel more welcome . The room had been recently refurbed , clean comfortable and fully equipped to make your stay memorable . Lovely toiletries , up to date magazines , Wells tourist board leaflets and comfortable chairs to relax in whilst deciding what to do next . We didn't drive for a couple of days , we were in walking distance of town and Julie gave us great directions and super recommendations of places to eat . Breakfast was great lots of fresh fruit , cereals and a choice of cooked items .
We will return to Glengarth and Julie soon , we have recommended to family and friends already and will continue to do so . Highly recommend you visit 10 out of 10 .

Room Tip: We viewed two other rooms a twin and a double all equally quality all different in decor and views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your really lovley review, I am soo pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, it was such a pleasure to look after you both, glad you enjoyed the city and all it's beautiful sights. Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments.julie.