“Best B&B in Wells?”

Ranked #18 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Best B&B in Wells?”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed one night at the weekend and we were really impressed. Room was spotless, light and airy with great decor and some nice little touches such as quality toiletries and a bed so comfy we didn't want to get up. Julie the landlady is lovely and friendly, and does a fab bacon sarnie and my other half says the scrambled egg was delicious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karensk72
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
It was so lovley of you to leave me a review, so thank you, a lot of people look on trip advisor, and always say to me that they have read my reviews, it is most appreciated, and I hope that people feel that true descriptions and comments have been left. Thanks again. Julie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Earls Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a great Bed and Breakfast! We stayed for the night with our two children and received a warm and friendly welcome. The landlady, Julie, offered advice on where to visit and eat within the area and was always happy to see us.
The decor was lovely, comfortable, and of a high quality.
The breakfast was great, a big selection and lots for the kids to choose from. I can't recommend it enough.
In the room there was a selection of kids toys, books and DVDs which the children loved, the room is also on the first floor so easy to get to with the children. The beds were also very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eleanor r
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks so much for your review, I am so pleased that you and your lovley family enjoyed their stay in wells. I hope your journey back was ok, and that you had a great time at your nans party. Thanks again, and when you are back in wells I hope we can look after you once more.
halesowen
Reviewed June 5, 2013

i was down in wells for a friends wedding and needed a b&b close to the centre. glengarth is a short pleasant walk to the cathedral. julie`s everything you`d want in a ladylady,bright and bubbly,full of local information. the room was bright, airy and comfy, breakfast was excellent. all in all a great find and a great place to stay. excellent base for touring wells/glastonbury ect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank richard b
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at glengarth, I am sure it was extra special for you seeing wells in the sunshine! Hope to see you again one day. Thanks. Julie.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came across Glengarth by chance on the Internet - how lucky was I ? A very warm welcome from Julie who just couldnt have made us feel more welcome . The room had been recently refurbed , clean comfortable and fully equipped to make your stay memorable . Lovely toiletries , up to date magazines , Wells tourist board leaflets and comfortable chairs to relax in whilst deciding what to do next . We didn't drive for a couple of days , we were in walking distance of town and Julie gave us great directions and super recommendations of places to eat . Breakfast was great lots of fresh fruit , cereals and a choice of cooked items .
We will return to Glengarth and Julie soon , we have recommended to family and friends already and will continue to do so . Highly recommend you visit 10 out of 10 .

Room Tip: We viewed two other rooms a twin and a double all equally quality all different in decor and views...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for your really lovley review, I am soo pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, it was such a pleasure to look after you both, glad you enjoyed the city and all it's beautiful sights. Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments.julie.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I would highly recommend this b&b-we wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting our family in wells. There is always a warm welcome time and time again, it's very stylish and excellent value for money.

• Stayed March 2013
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it was great to welcome you back, hope to see you again later in the year. Take care until then. Julie.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just come back from a lovely weekend stay at the glengarth guest house. The rooms were very clean and well presented. The owner Julie was fantastic from the moment we arrived and made us feel at home. It is walking distance from wells town centre, so the cathedral and bishops palace were visited which we thoroughly enjoyed!!! A fantastic weekend, highly recommend staying at this b&b if you are thinking of visiting wells. 10 out of 10 fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thanks so much for your review, I really appreciate it. It was lovley to welcome to glengarth, and so pleased you had great weather to enjoy the city at its best. Thank you again.
london
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at Glengarth for one night during a business trip and from the moment I arrived I knew I had made the right choice! I was greeted by the owner 'Julie' with a big warm smile and welcomed in to a very homely place. I felt as if I was a regular there and just staying at a friends house for the night. The decor is very tasteful and the beds very comfortable and warm. The house is very clean, tidy and a short walk into Wells center which was full of historical sites.
I will stay there every time I go back to Wells. Hagen

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
juliebwells, Owner at Glengarth House, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of Glengarth, it was a pleasure to have you staying in our home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Julie.