“Sanctuary by the roadside”

No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Roadtrip karma pushed us through Glastonbury & on to Wells too late to use the TIC. Stopped at several lodgings as we proceeded but all were creepy somehow. Happened on #23 & felt we got lucky. Liz was great to talk to, a very open person & shared some insider info on the town. Very nice, quiet, updated room in old house. Her breakfast was great, a little different from the totally traditional B&B fare.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

I'm not sure how I missed this one but my apologies for the delay in reply - can't think of a decent excuse!! Thank you for your review and kind words - I am always pleased to know my guests have been comfortable and happy at No 23!

I hope the rest of the trip was as successful.
Warmest regards.
Liz EVans

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our stay at No. 23 was great.
Liz is very helpful and she gives you all the information you need on where to eat out and what to visit in the area.
Breakfast is wonderful. Freshly cooked and delicious.
Our Rooms were comfy and clean with large bathrooms.
Location is perfect. Just 5 mins walk from the town centre.
Wells is a beautiful historical city (the smallest city in England) and the cathedral is a must see.
We highly reccomend this place.
Thank you Liz for your warm welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

It's always nice to know you have pleased - thank you for your kind review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed No 23 and Wells - it's a lovely little place, a city but small enough to still be a community!

My best wishes.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our party really enjoyed our short stay at no.23. The welcome from Liz was lovely, our rooms absolutely spotless, comfortable beds and great breakfast - what more could you want. Liz was very accommodating of our requirements as we worked around the timings of a wedding we were attending. We would highly recommend this B and B to anyone looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review - I am very pleased you all enjoyed your weekend in Wells - shame the weather didn't perform quite as it should have done!

Best wishes.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at No 23. Liz went out of her way to make our stay a very memorable and pleasent one. The food is fantastic and freshly cooked to order. We feel that it is the best B&B that we have ever stayed at. Thankyou Liz for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Oh what can I say to you two! I do hope the return visit to Wells was a huge success - you were so busy I feel very sure you must have gone home for a rest.

Thank you so much for staying at No. 23 and for your kind review but most of all for being you!

My very best wishes.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived with three other cyclists after a very long day cycling from Exeter. We were all doing the Land's End to John O'Groats cycle ride as part of a larger group who were split between different nearby guest houses.

Our welcome from Liz was superb. She even offered to do our washing and made us very welcome indeed. The room was excellent, very comfortable and nicely furnished. Our food was also very good indeed! We were were only a short walk from the town centre and Cathedral.

I would be very happy to stay again and have no hesitation in recommending No 23!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your very kind review - and also for the postcard from John O Groats! With being on the Lands End-John O Groats route, I get quite a few cyclists coming through and I am always very impressed by you all and therefore it is a pleasure to do the 'extras' and to have you stay at No. 23.

Congratulations on achieving your goal - what's next I wonder.
Very best wishes.
Liz evans

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay in Somerset, three of those nights were spent at 23 with Liz, It was by far the best b&b I have stayed in so far for friendliness , comfort and location. We used 23 for a base for visting various locations in Somerset it was ideal. The breakfast was excellent the house was spotless. I enjoyed the nice gentle stroll into Wells and the beer gardens of the Full Moon on the way back! Liz is an extremely pleasant and witty lady and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. Thanks Liz hope to return one day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Aw shucks you two! Thank you for making the effort to post a review. I am soooo pleased you were happy in Wells and at No 23 - it really was a pleasure to have you do my shopping for me....

My warmest wishes.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Liz put us up at the last minute when another b & b let us down, she was helpful, friendly and witty.
Our room was immaculate and beautifully furnished. Food was all freshly prepared to order.
Would recommend this great B and B to any one. Nothing was too much trouble Liz even returned my nighty in the post when I mistakenly left it under the pillow. Will definately return if ever near Wells again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

You're only saying that 'cos I sent the nightie back.....! I'm teasing - I'm delighted No 23 was able to help with accommodation and it was a pleasure to have you stay. Hope you caught the flight!!

Regards.