“Return visit”

Ranked #10 of 37 Wells B&B and Inns
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at No 23. Liz went out of her way to make our stay a very memorable and pleasent one. The food is fantastic and freshly cooked to order. We feel that it is the best B&B that we have ever stayed at. Thankyou Liz for a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Oh what can I say to you two! I do hope the return visit to Wells was a huge success - you were so busy I feel very sure you must have gone home for a rest.

Thank you so much for staying at No. 23 and for your kind review but most of all for being you!

My very best wishes.
Liz Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived with three other cyclists after a very long day cycling from Exeter. We were all doing the Land's End to John O'Groats cycle ride as part of a larger group who were split between different nearby guest houses.

Our welcome from Liz was superb. She even offered to do our washing and made us very welcome indeed. The room was excellent, very comfortable and nicely furnished. Our food was also very good indeed! We were were only a short walk from the town centre and Cathedral.

I would be very happy to stay again and have no hesitation in recommending No 23!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very kind review - and also for the postcard from John O Groats! With being on the Lands End-John O Groats route, I get quite a few cyclists coming through and I am always very impressed by you all and therefore it is a pleasure to do the 'extras' and to have you stay at No. 23.

Congratulations on achieving your goal - what's next I wonder.
Very best wishes.
Liz evans
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay in Somerset, three of those nights were spent at 23 with Liz, It was by far the best b&b I have stayed in so far for friendliness , comfort and location. We used 23 for a base for visting various locations in Somerset it was ideal. The breakfast was excellent the house was spotless. I enjoyed the nice gentle stroll into Wells and the beer gardens of the Full Moon on the way back! Liz is an extremely pleasant and witty lady and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. Thanks Liz hope to return one day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Aw shucks you two! Thank you for making the effort to post a review. I am soooo pleased you were happy in Wells and at No 23 - it really was a pleasure to have you do my shopping for me....

My warmest wishes.

Midhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Liz put us up at the last minute when another b & b let us down, she was helpful, friendly and witty.
Our room was immaculate and beautifully furnished. Food was all freshly prepared to order.
Would recommend this great B and B to any one. Nothing was too much trouble Liz even returned my nighty in the post when I mistakenly left it under the pillow. Will definately return if ever near Wells again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
You're only saying that 'cos I sent the nightie back.....! I'm teasing - I'm delighted No 23 was able to help with accommodation and it was a pleasure to have you stay. Hope you caught the flight!!

Regards.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our stay at No 23 was a last minute decision, luckily Liz had a room. She gave us a choice, she made us very comfortable, the room was pleasant, exceptionally clean and well appointed. Breakfast was nice, tasty and everything was cooked to order. Liz also provided good local advice and allowed us to leave a car after we had checked out. The place is walking distance to the centre. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review - delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at No 23 and Wells.

Best wishes.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I base selection of accommodation on the quality of other people's experiences. For me the differential in choosing No 23 over other B&Bs was a comment regarding the shower. Liz, the host, is warm, friendly, and a great character. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very well appointed. The accommodation is well situated within easy walking distance from the Cathedral and market place. The breakfast was of the highest standard and I can heartily recommend this establishment for couples or business people.

BTW, the shower was the best we have experienced while in the UK, where many have been mediocre at best. There was plenty of hot water and with good pressure.

Many thanks Liz for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks indeed for your kind words. Where the showers were sooooo powerful I have had to 'dumb' them down a little otherwise they pin you to the back of the shower cubicle - but they also use huge amounts of water when people love them and don't want to come out!! You happened to have the shower that had not had the magic washer treatment! Conserve water and all that!

Warmest regards.
Longmont, CO
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the first non-hotel place we stayed during our recent extended trip to the UK; the first night was in a hotel, and the next three were here at No. 23 with Liz.

The B&B itself is lovely - well situated just a 10 minutes (if you're slow like me) walk into the lovely town of Wells, and just a few minutes up the road from Glastonbury if you're so inclined. The rooms are comfy, with little touches like candy and biscuits left out in case one is peckish in the night. Each room is very secure, with code-locks - secure as can be. Breakfast is delicious and served looking out the lovely back garden, with a nice range of food choices which our lovely Hostess was more than willing to customize (extra toast perhaps, or bacon and eggs instead of just eggs). Truly my daughter is still waxing poetic about the fried bread - get it, trust me!

The true heart of this B&B though is Liz herself. A deeply wise and scathingly funny woman, I felt as if I was staying with a treasured friend - indeed we missed her throughout our trip as each of our adventures brought us further afield. I honestly can't wait to go back and visit again, for the comfort and the company both. If you have the chance to experience Liz's charm and hospitality, don't pass it up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Very often I fancy the 'bag carriers' job and often apply for it; but alas, I'm still here! I hope you had a simply great holiday and may I say, it was a priviledge to have you to stay (- fried bread an all!). We in B&B know we can never please everyone - but it is so nice when we know we've pleased some.

To Longmont with very special regards.