No. 23 Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Wookey Hole Hotel(Wookey Hole)
  • Restaurant
Millbatch Farm(Glastonbury)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bfried breadwealth of informationroom was spotlessshort walk into the citywarm welcomebreakfast was excellentwe loved our staywonderful citya lovely staywithin easy walking distancea great place to staya real home from homeovernight staylittle toucheswells centretop marks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay in Somerset, three of those nights were spent at 23 with Liz, It was by far the best b&b I have stayed in so far for friendliness , comfort and location. We used 23 for a base for visting various locations in Somerset it was ideal. The breakfast was excellent the house was spotless. I enjoyed the nice gentle stroll into Wells and the beer gardens of the Full Moon on the way back! Liz is an extremely pleasant and witty lady and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. Thanks Liz hope to return one day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Aw shucks you two! Thank you for making the effort to post a review. I am soooo pleased you were happy in Wells and at No 23 - it really was a pleasure to have you do my shopping for me....

My warmest wishes.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Liz put us up at the last minute when another b & b let us down, she was helpful, friendly and witty.
Our room was immaculate and beautifully furnished. Food was all freshly prepared to order.
Would recommend this great B and B to any one. Nothing was too much trouble Liz even returned my nighty in the post when I mistakenly left it under the pillow. Will definately return if ever near Wells again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

You're only saying that 'cos I sent the nightie back.....! I'm teasing - I'm delighted No 23 was able to help with accommodation and it was a pleasure to have you stay. Hope you caught the flight!!

Regards.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our stay at No 23 was a last minute decision, luckily Liz had a room. She gave us a choice, she made us very comfortable, the room was pleasant, exceptionally clean and well appointed. Breakfast was nice, tasty and everything was cooked to order. Liz also provided good local advice and allowed us to leave a car after we had checked out. The place is walking distance to the centre. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review - delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at No 23 and Wells.

Best wishes.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I base selection of accommodation on the quality of other people's experiences. For me the differential in choosing No 23 over other B&Bs was a comment regarding the shower. Liz, the host, is warm, friendly, and a great character. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very well appointed. The accommodation is well situated within easy walking distance from the Cathedral and market place. The breakfast was of the highest standard and I can heartily recommend this establishment for couples or business people.

BTW, the shower was the best we have experienced while in the UK, where many have been mediocre at best. There was plenty of hot water and with good pressure.

Many thanks Liz for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your kind words. Where the showers were sooooo powerful I have had to 'dumb' them down a little otherwise they pin you to the back of the shower cubicle - but they also use huge amounts of water when people love them and don't want to come out!! You happened to have the shower that had not had the magic washer treatment! Conserve water and all that!

Warmest regards.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the first non-hotel place we stayed during our recent extended trip to the UK; the first night was in a hotel, and the next three were here at No. 23 with Liz.

The B&B itself is lovely - well situated just a 10 minutes (if you're slow like me) walk into the lovely town of Wells, and just a few minutes up the road from Glastonbury if you're so inclined. The rooms are comfy, with little touches like candy and biscuits left out in case one is peckish in the night. Each room is very secure, with code-locks - secure as can be. Breakfast is delicious and served looking out the lovely back garden, with a nice range of food choices which our lovely Hostess was more than willing to customize (extra toast perhaps, or bacon and eggs instead of just eggs). Truly my daughter is still waxing poetic about the fried bread - get it, trust me!

The true heart of this B&B though is Liz herself. A deeply wise and scathingly funny woman, I felt as if I was staying with a treasured friend - indeed we missed her throughout our trip as each of our adventures brought us further afield. I honestly can't wait to go back and visit again, for the comfort and the company both. If you have the chance to experience Liz's charm and hospitality, don't pass it up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
LizEvans, Owner at No. 23 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Very often I fancy the 'bag carriers' job and often apply for it; but alas, I'm still here! I hope you had a simply great holiday and may I say, it was a priviledge to have you to stay (- fried bread an all!). We in B&B know we can never please everyone - but it is so nice when we know we've pleased some.

To Longmont with very special regards.